Imperial College London GCSE Requirements for Medicine Watch

This discussion is closed.
CrematedSpatula
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am hopefully applying for medicine this year, and I am wondering if ICL actually have any GCSE requirements? I genuinely can't find anything of the sort on their website, it simply has the A2 requirements.
I have A*AA predicted grades for Chemistry, Biology and Maths respectively, and I have a B grade in GCSE English Language (I assume that, not unlike other medical schools, they have a Language requirement).
fruitshoot
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Current Imperial 3rd year here. As far as I'm aware they don't focus much on GCSE requirements. My grades were 4A*s and 5As. I know people studying here who got much higher and lower than that and are still in. Oxbridge are the only unis that super take GCSEs into consideration. As long as your grades aren't very low you need not worry.
CrematedSpatula
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by fruitshoot)
Current Imperial 3rd year here. As far as I'm aware they don't focus much on GCSE requirements. My grades were 4A*s and 5As. I know people studying here who got much higher and lower than that and are still in. Oxbridge are the only unis that super take GCSEs into consideration. As long as your grades aren't very low you need not worry.
Thanks a lot, mine were pretty **** not gonna lie, like 1 A* and 3 As with a load of Bs, but I switched schools between year 10 and 11 and I have enough to request a circumstantial exception for them, I just wanted to know so I wouldn't have to go through that process. Thanks again
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.65%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.41%
No, but I want to start (265)
37.59%
No, I am unable to (167)
23.69%
No, I chose not to (195)
27.66%