Graduate Entry Medicine as a nurse and 1st class BSc in Mathematics Watch

coffeepls
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello, I have a question regarding the chances and possibilities to begin a medical degree as a graduate student. Probably important for the story: I'm from Germany, not the UK.

I have very mediocre points in my IB, studied computer science for 2 years before dropping out and then continued with an apprenticeship to become a nurse. During the full time apprenticeship of 3 years I also completed a BSc in Mathematics with perfect grades.

I know that some universities offer entry to people who studied any degree not just Biology or Chemistry and some also don't consider IB scores. Regarding those universities that accept any grade: would a nurse with 4 years experience, and a 1st class equivalent have a chance at the graduate entry selection?

If not: would an MSc in Mathematics help more or a new BSc in a relevant science?

Thank you very much for replies. Any other strategies to get into medical school are also appreciated.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by coffeepls)
Hello, I have a question regarding the chances and possibilities to begin a medical degree as a graduate student. Probably important for the story: I'm from Germany, not the UK.

I have very mediocre points in my IB, studied computer science for 2 years before dropping out and then continued with an apprenticeship to become a nurse. During the full time apprenticeship of 3 years I also completed a BSc in Mathematics with perfect grades.

I know that some universities offer entry to people who studied any degree not just Biology or Chemistry and some also don't consider IB scores. Regarding those universities that accept any grade: would a nurse with 4 years experience, and a 1st class equivalent have a chance at the graduate entry selection?

If not: would an MSc in Mathematics help more or a new BSc in a relevant science?

Thank you very much for replies. Any other strategies to get into medical school are also appreciated.
Grad entry medicine is for anyone with a degree as you will be studying undergrad medicine anyway. Email the unis and check how they will view you as an applicant for peace of mind. Moving this to the medicine forum which you may want to check out.
ax12
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by coffeepls)

https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2...ols.pdf#page39

You can find the entry requirements for graduate entry medicine here. Your experience as a nurse may well be beneficial.
coffeepls
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you for the feedback
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (225)
67.57%
No (108)
32.43%

Watched Threads