The Student Room Group

McDonalds: How does holiday pay work?

Hi all,

I've been working full time at McDonalds for just over a month now, have next Wednesday booked off for a theory test and marked it as a 'holiday' when requesting the day off. When I look at my clocks for next week it doesn't look as though I'll be paid for it even though I would've thought I'd have been working enough for at least one day's holiday pay (and surprised it's been approved if I won't be getting it). How does this work?
Original post by stanakaticshair
Hi all,

I've been working full time at McDonalds for just over a month now, have next Wednesday booked off for a theory test and marked it as a 'holiday' when requesting the day off. When I look at my clocks for next week it doesn't look as though I'll be paid for it even though I would've thought I'd have been working enough for at least one day's holiday pay (and surprised it's been approved if I won't be getting it). How does this work?

@KyleH123 Might be able to help you :dontknow:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
@KyleH123 Might be able to help you :dontknow:

Lol, I don't work there anymore but I'd speak with your supervisor.
Check your employment contract, it should have a holiday clause that will give you specifics. But broadly you should be accruing just under 2 days holiday per month, and normally you can take them in advance anyway.

So yes you are entitled to paid holiday.

As the poster above has said, check with your manager. It sounds like something hasn't been recorded quite right.
2 days! **** me thats crap.
Legal entitlement is 5.6 weeks' holiday per year, which amounts to 28 days if you're working a 5 day week. Therefore 2 days/month = 24 days/year, which menas McDonald's could be in hot water with the law unless you have done your maths wrong.
Sorry for the confusion. I meant plus bank holidays. It is 20 days / 12 months for those working 5 days a week, but at McDonald's you're likely to have to work on bank holidays, so you're more likely to be given 28 days a year to be used across the year, but you won't have bank holidays off separately.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending