Can a 13 year old go watch a 15 movie with an adult?

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
Spratty
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Want to take my brother to watch the annabelle movie, can I do this? Im 19 and hes 13. The movie is rated 15
MRnightcookie
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
No.
Omar717
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Technically no. He'll probably get bored anyway.
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Why not take him to the Emoji Movie? Heard its got top reviews...
Kindred
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Nope. A 15 rating means nobody under 15 is allowed full stop. It's illegal.
12A films are the ones where younger kids can go with a parent/ adult.
Spratty
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Kindred)
Nope. A 15 rating means nobody under 15 is allowed full stop. It's illegal.
12A films are the ones where younger kids can go with a parent/ adult.
Well thats dumb.
Student1191
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Spratty)
Want to take my brother to watch the annabelle movie, can I do this? Im 19 and hes 13. The movie is rated 15
No it would have to be 15A. If the child is tall for their age you should get in
Rarest
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
As long as you get him a fake ID so no
shadowdweller
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Nope, as Kindred said, this only applies to 12A ratings.
itsyaboijosh
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Typically (and legally) no, but I definitely saw a 15 film or two when I was 13 as long as I was with an adult. It depends on the staff of the cinema, some cinemas won't ID you, others might. The staff often don't care too much, but it varies heavily.
Twam22
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Shut up you boring git, get a life and break some rules you rebel….
Last edited by Twam22; 8 months ago
Drociax
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Well, when I was 12 I went to go see Suicide Squad with my brother (who was 16) and my dad (who was 48). I kid you not, I got ID checked. So you'd probably get turned away at the door before you even got in.

In hindsight, the bloke at the door did me a favour not letting me into see that movie lol.
Monkey__Lover
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Its Been 4 years i think its alright now
username5706823
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
I think I watched it when I was 12 lol but with my mum
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Monkey__Lover)
Its Been 4 years i think its alright now
Yeah, he's 17 now, so all good!
kazman7
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
great news - your brother's older than 15 - go and watch the **** out of the movie lad
Last edited by kazman7; 6 months ago
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (58)
16.52%
The paper was reasonable (172)
49%
Not feeling great about that exam... (86)
24.5%
It was TERRIBLE (35)
9.97%

Watched Threads