The Student Room Group

Help! Alevel choice for study accounting at university.

Hi, everyone. I am so confused about my alevel choices. If I want to study accounting at university, which subject should I choose? Can I choose alevel maths, further maths and business? Is it a right choice?

Hope someone can help me, thank you. 🙂
Original post by Jane Linda
Hi, everyone. I am so confused about my alevel choices. If I want to study accounting at university, which subject should I choose? Can I choose alevel maths, further maths and business? Is it a right choice?

For accounting there are no specific A level requirements but maths, further maths and business is ideal
Reply 2
Original post by Jane Linda

Those options seem alright. :smile:
Check UCAS and pick a range of about 10 unis and see what they all ask for. My college offers A-Level Accounting so there's always that. Your current options is very maths heavy so maybe check out something different or do an EPQ. Unis love EPQs.
Reply 4
There are no requirements for Accounting at uni, but they do love facilitating subjects: a list of these can be found here http://www.clare.cam.ac.uk/subjectchoice-alevelchoice/.

I'd say that your current choices are a good mix given that you enjoy, and perform well, at maths. Else, I'd suggest an alternative to further, like a science subject perhaps.

Quick Reply

Latest