*girls, advice please* Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, basically i want to ask any girls on here if they aren't keen on shy guys? As im 17 and am not really that confident but do look after myself- not overweight/ groom myself well (i think haha) . I just feel sad that in the future when i want to be with a girl (maybe at Uni) that no one will want to talk to me purely cause im shy and not that confident I've got a good personality and friendly but shyness is my issue!

So how much of a issue is this, and what can i do to be more confident?

Thanks anyone who replies !!!
TastyChicken
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey, basically i want to ask any girls on here if they aren't keen on shy guys? As im 17 and am not really that confident but do look after myself- not overweight/ groom myself well (i think haha) . I just feel sad that in the future when i want to be with a girl (maybe at Uni) that no one will want to talk to me purely cause im shy and not that confident I've got a good personality and friendly but shyness is my issue!

I dont have any advice for you on the question that you addressed to girls as im a guy, but i must admit i do relate to you in various aspects, im shy too, but i have realised that you can perhaps reduce that attribute by exposing yourself to more people trying to gain better social interaction, also i found working out helps you feel more confident about yourself. Anyway i dont think you should worry about it too much as you will find someone probably similar to you, just make sure to go for her and not trap yourself in an endless chain of regret and loneliness.
crosssafley
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Stalin was known to be a shy reserved man and yet he managed to become a veritable god in russia and was able to get any woman in his bed.
faloodeh
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by crosssafley)
Stalin was known to be a shy reserved man and yet he managed to become a veritable god in russia and was able to get any woman in his bed.
:love:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by TastyChicken)
I dont have any advice for you on the question that you addressed to girls as im a guy, but i must admit i do relate to you in various aspects, im shy too, but i have realised that you can perhaps reduce that attribute by exposing yourself to more people trying to gain better social interaction, also i found working out helps you feel more confident about yourself. Anyway i dont think you should worry about it too much as you will find someone probably similar to you, just make sure to go for her and not trap yourself in an endless chain of regret and loneliness.
Thanks for the reply bro, i appreciate it i do workout occasionally and i admit it does make it feel confident sometimes which is good!.

Haha i hope you're right, and I'll try not messing it up if the chance comes
Anonymous #1
(Original post by crosssafley)
Haha should've known i would get such 'good' responses on here thanks for the advice man lol
PhilDanthropist
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

fun fact... if you have problems maintaining eye contact jsut look at the persons nose
ceri49
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
shy guys are cute lol. be yourself, there's nothing more attractive than that
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I'm a girl, and my boyfriend comes across as fairly shy if you don't know him well, and I quite like him 😊 I'm quite shy too, but I'd say the qualities I most look for in guys are kindness and intelligence - I don't find extraversion particuarly attractive. As long as you're not painfully shy to the point of not being able to hold a conversation I wouldn't worry
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
I personally like shy guys, but as a shy person myself it's hard to meet or actually maintain a conversation with any. I end up just talking to the guys who will talk to me, and they don't tend to be the shy ones. I don't think shyness is a bad quality, it's much better than being arrogant and overly confident.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 year ago
Ahh the typical shy guy, where would I be now if I was still a shy lil **** like 3 years ago....Im not a girl but to overcome shyness, one thing worked for me very well... that was not caring at all what other might think/judge of what I say or present myself (only when I am trying to make friends though). That way, the right people that accept the real you will become your friends and the wrong people will avoid you and that's good for you. Being shy is such a massive disadvantage which you will realise later on in life......
Anonymous #5
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I'm a girl, and my boyfriend comes across as fairly shy if you don't know him well, and I quite like him 😊 I'm quite shy too, but I'd say the qualities I most look for in guys are kindness and intelligence - I don't find extraversion particuarly attractive. As long as you're not painfully shy to the point of not being able to hold a conversation I wouldn't worry
How did he approach you?
parrot16
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

I don't think its an issue. If the person is right for you shyness won't put them off. That is true for me especially since I am shy myself.
0zzu
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Confidence comes from competence. It's hard, I know, but you just gotta keep on trying; keep on asking girls out, keep on getting into more social situations. Fake it till you make it.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
How did he approach you?
We became friends before he asked me out, we have quite similar interests so we could usually find some topics of conversation and were around each other quite a bit. He asked for my number really nervously at the end of a morning break (so he could run away if I said no, he admitted later), and then a week later asked me to our school Christmas ball, again super nervously. I found it endearing, which I guess is testament to the fact that I like him quite a lot
harrythomas14
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Act yourself into a new way of thinking - go into social interactions and conversations with women as if you're a confident, funny and attractive guy and you'll give off that vibe, and it'll eventually become a part of who you are over time.
Shannonmillar
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Awww you sound soo sweet and caring and 😊 lovely. I'm sure you will get someone good!

Anonymous #1
(Original post by PhilDanthropist)
fun fact... if you have problems maintaining eye contact jsut look at the persons nose
Yeah i knew that haha good tip though
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 0zzu)
Confidence comes from competence. It's hard, I know, but you just gotta keep on trying; keep on asking girls out, keep on getting into more social situations. Fake it till you make it.
Yeah that sounds good, thanks for the help!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by harrythomas14)
Act yourself into a new way of thinking - go into social interactions and conversations with women as if you're a confident, funny and attractive guy and you'll give off that vibe, and it'll eventually become a part of who you are over time.
Man that's a challenge which i accept
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (42)
13.59%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (26)
8.41%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (62)
20.06%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (44)
14.24%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (37)
11.97%
How can I be the best version of myself? (98)
31.72%

Watched Threads