Badges: 20
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'd like to ask
Mattysimpson2
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, i'd personally say c3 is hard than c4 but it's all preference but c3 to c2 is a step up
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In all honestly, C1 to C2 was the biggest jump lol, but out of those I’d say C3 to C4...

C2 to C3 wasn’t that bad, C3 trig is fairly easy, integration and differentiation are easy if you actually understood what you were doing at C2 - I found it hard at first because I never knew why we differentiated, when I found the reason it all made sense. Natural logs were easy, and the worst parts of C2 like log graphs and sequences were gone!

C3 to C4 was awful for me, I couldn’t get my head around parametric equations, integration was quite complicated and I’d always slip up, don’t even get me started on vectors.
Mattysimpson2
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zxyn)
don’t even get me started on vectors.
These really are the worst things in maths. They always throw a 5-8 marker on the test and I just leave them out because of how much time they take.
Agree that c1 to c2 is a big leap!
MR1999
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just to throw a spanner in the works, C3 papers have had lower grade boundaries than C4 papers over the last few years, for Pearson, suggesting that C3 papers are harder than C4 papers.

But honestly, the jump from C3 to C4 isn't that hard if you keep on top of your work. The first few chapters are rather easy. Vectors, however, are quite hard, although vector questions are generally easy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby