Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd start this Here's a link to liverpool's admission criteria.
    https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/un...-requirements/

I've decided not to apply here, good luck guys!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    Thought I'd start this Here's a link to liverpool's admission criteria. This is for the 2018 entry( if one of the mods could please edit this in)
    https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/un...-requirements/
    To change the title:

• Go to the edit button on the first post
    • Click 'preview post'
    • There should be a 'Title' box where you can add '2018 Entry'

+ How are you? I haven't seen you in a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    To change the title:

• Go to the edit button on the first post
    • Click 'preview post'
    • There should be a 'Title' box where you can add '2018 Entry'

+ How are you? I haven't seen you in a while.
    Cheers! And hey! Wow yeah it's been a really long time. Since the year 10 thread. Do you still speak to Mr..? I'm good will you be applying for medicine?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Cheers! And hey! Wow yeah it's been a really long time. Since the year 10 thread. Do you still speak to Mr..? I'm good will you be applying for medicine?
    Yeah, I do. He wants to do law.

Yep! I'm thinking about Liverpool too. I'm doing my UKCAT soon so I'll decide from there.

ReputationRep:
    im looking to apply to liverpool this year my first application i got 3A*s 5As and 2Bs at gcse and got AAB last year im applying as a retake but only 4 marks off an A in chem fml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Yeah, I do. He wants to do law.

Yep! I'm thinking about Liverpool too. I'm doing my UKCAT soon so I'll decide from there.
    Hahaha yess. I'm definitely applying here. When's your ukcat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hashman)
    im looking to apply to liverpool this year my first application i got 3A*s 5As and 2Bs at gcse and got AAB last year im applying as a retake but only 4 marks off an A in chem fml
    Ahh that's so annoying! I think you'd have a good chance with your GCSEs. What was your ukcat? Ps is quite important too

ReputationRep:
    Ahh that's so annoying! I think you'd have a good chance with your GCSEs. What was your ukcat? Ps is quite important too
    yeah defo thats really true got my ukcat next week so really scared :/ how bout yoself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hashman)
    yeah defo thats really true got my ukcat next week so really scared :/ how bout yoself?
    Very low 600s! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Very low 600s! Good luck
    oh cool best of luck thanks ever soooo muchhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    Zz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maha1999)
    I got 8As and 2Bs at GCSE, and at AS I didnt do well at all! I got A in bio and chem, a C in RS and a D in maths, do you think it will still be okay for me to apply if I still convince my maths teacher to predict me an A or do you guys think I should take a gap year and if my Alevels are good then apply for 2019 entry? My UKCAT was average- 639.5 and band 1 for SJT.....
    You probably have your mind set on maths but maybe remember it's not actually needed at full A level? If not, i would try retaking some modules & really try to get predicted that A.
    Where else you thinking of applying to?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydengi)
    You probably have your mind set on maths but maybe remember it's not actually needed at full A level? If not, i would try retaking some modules & really try to get predicted that A.
    Where else you thinking of applying to?

Yeah I am really worried for maths, and I'm definitely gonna retake all 3 modules because I really don't want to do RS next year. So far I am thinking Liverpool, Queen Mary and Manchester, do you know if these will be realistic for me considering my results so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maha1999)
    Yeah I am really worried for maths, and I'm definitely gonna retake all 3 modules because I really don't want to do RS next year. So far I am thinking Liverpool, Queen Mary and Manchester, do you know if these will be realistic for me considering my results so far?
    Sorry i have no idea! I havent looked at QM and im not too interested in the PBL course at Manchester. Definitely use the medic portal uni comparison. There's also a page that speaks about the universities' policies on AS (majority dont look at them, just as long as you have good predictions. I cant be sure though so have a look)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Liverpool too.
    My GCSEs are 4A*s, 4As and 3Bs. My UKCAT is 670 average and band 2 SJT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    I had the same number of A*s and 650 UKCAT and got an interview.
    That's great news. What work experience/volunteering/extracurricular activities did you do?
    Also, mind private messaging me because I am very interested in where you applied.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have 6A* 2A and 1B gcse. 647 UKCAT and sjt 3. Really worried now when I read all the scores cut off last year. I have narrowed it down to Liverpool, UEA, Bristol and maybe HYMS. Do I stand a chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Yes. You have better GCSEs than me and I had 650 band 3 last year and I got an offer.
    Thanks that's reassuring. I'm worried because the UKCAT is just below the 650 and with the sjt only 3. So annoyed because I was consistently getting band 1 in practice! Looking out for the UKCAT boundaries on the 15th.

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicted AAA too. Not sure what your chances are to be honest. I think we are both borderline .🙁

ReputationRep:
    Thanks again. Just the personal statement to master now then!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.