The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScienceFantatic
Thought I'd start this Here's a link to liverpool's admission criteria. This is for the 2018 entry( if one of the mods could please edit this in)
https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/medicine-and-surgery-mbchb/entry-requirements/

To change the title:

β€’

Go to the edit button on the first post

β€’

Click 'preview post'

β€’

There should be a 'Title' box where you can add '2018 Entry'

:h:

+ How are you? I haven't seen you in a while. :tongue:
Original post by karmacrunch
To change the title:

β€’

Go to the edit button on the first post

β€’

Click 'preview post'

β€’

There should be a 'Title' box where you can add '2018 Entry'

:h:

+ How are you? I haven't seen you in a while. :tongue:

Cheers! And hey! Wow yeah it's been a really long time. Since the year 10 thread. Do you still speak to Mr..? I'm good will you be applying for medicine?
Cheers! And hey! Wow yeah it's been a really long time. Since the year 10 thread. Do you still speak to Mr..? I'm good will you be applying for medicine?

Yeah, I do. He wants to do law. :h:

Yep! I'm thinking about Liverpool too. :biggrin: I'm doing my UKCAT soon so I'll decide from there.
Reply 4
im looking to apply to liverpool this year my first application i got 3A*s 5As and 2Bs at gcse and got AAB last year im applying as a retake but only 4 marks off an A in chem fml
Original post by karmacrunch
Yeah, I do. He wants to do law. :h:

Yep! I'm thinking about Liverpool too. :biggrin: I'm doing my UKCAT soon so I'll decide from there.

Hahaha yess. I'm definitely applying here. When's your ukcat?
Original post by hashman
im looking to apply to liverpool this year my first application i got 3A*s 5As and 2Bs at gcse and got AAB last year im applying as a retake but only 4 marks off an A in chem fml

Ahh that's so annoying! I think you'd have a good chance with your GCSEs. What was your ukcat? Ps is quite important too
Reply 7
Ahh that's so annoying! I think you'd have a good chance with your GCSEs. What was your ukcat? Ps is quite important too

yeah defo thats really true got my ukcat next week so really scared :/ how bout yoself?
Original post by hashman
yeah defo thats really true got my ukcat next week so really scared :/ how bout yoself?

Very low 600s! Good luck
Reply 9
Very low 600s! Good luck

oh cool best of luck thanks ever soooo muchhhhhh :biggrin:
Zz
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Maha1999
I got 8As and 2Bs at GCSE, and at AS I didnt do well at all! I got A in bio and chem, a C in RS and a D in maths, do you think it will still be okay for me to apply if I still convince my maths teacher to predict me an A or do you guys think I should take a gap year and if my Alevels are good then apply for 2019 entry? My UKCAT was average- 639.5 and band 1 for SJT.....

You probably have your mind set on maths but maybe remember it's not actually needed at full A level? If not, i would try retaking some modules & really try to get predicted that A.
Where else you thinking of applying to?
Original post by jaydengi
You probably have your mind set on maths but maybe remember it's not actually needed at full A level? If not, i would try retaking some modules & really try to get predicted that A.
Where else you thinking of applying to?

Yeah I am really worried for maths, and I'm definitely gonna retake all 3 modules because I really don't want to do RS next year. So far I am thinking Liverpool, Queen Mary and Manchester, do you know if these will be realistic for me considering my results so far?
Original post by Maha1999
Yeah I am really worried for maths, and I'm definitely gonna retake all 3 modules because I really don't want to do RS next year. So far I am thinking Liverpool, Queen Mary and Manchester, do you know if these will be realistic for me considering my results so far?

Sorry i have no idea! I havent looked at QM and im not too interested in the PBL course at Manchester. Definitely use the medic portal uni comparison. There's also a page that speaks about the universities' policies on AS (majority dont look at them, just as long as you have good predictions. I cant be sure though so have a look)
Reply 14
I'm applying for Liverpool too.
My GCSEs are 4A*s, 4As and 3Bs. My UKCAT is 670 average and band 2 SJT.
Reply 15
Original post by SGHD26716
I had the same number of A*s and 650 UKCAT and got an interview.

That's great news. What work experience/volunteering/extracurricular activities did you do?
Also, mind private messaging me because I am very interested in where you applied.
Reply 16
Hi, I have 6A* 2A and 1B gcse. 647 UKCAT and sjt 3. Really worried now when I read all the scores cut off last year. I have narrowed it down to Liverpool, UEA, Bristol and maybe HYMS. Do I stand a chance?
Reply 17
Original post by SGHD26716
Yes. You have better GCSEs than me and I had 650 band 3 last year and I got an offer.

Thanks that's reassuring. I'm worried because the UKCAT is just below the 650 and with the sjt only 3. So annoyed because I was consistently getting band 1 in practice! Looking out for the UKCAT boundaries on the 15th.
Reply 18
I'm predicted AAA too. Not sure what your chances are to be honest. I think we are both borderline .πŸ™
Reply 19
Thanks again. Just the personal statement to master now then!

Latest