The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm applying to UEA😊
Original post by Hopeiseverything
I'm applying to UEA😊

What is it you liked about Norwich?
It will be a good place to spend 5 years of my life, nice and safe city with good night life. And it's not too far from home. The med school suits my strengths, gcse 13A*, ukcat 740 and A* predictions
Original post by ScienceFantatic
What is it you liked about Norwich?

How about you?
Hiya, I'm thinking of applying here... is it true they rank u based on 33:33:33 Predicted Grades:GCSES:u:KCAT . Clarification on this would be appreciated. Thanks x
Original post by Esther9500
Hiya, I'm thinking of applying here... is it true they rank u based on 33:33:33 Predicted Grades:GCSES:u:KCAT . Clarification on this would be appreciated. Thanks x

I'm applying here too and that's exactly what I know
I'm applying here too and that's exactly what I know

Thanks I got 9A*s and 2As at gcse and A*A*A* predicted - flopped UKCAT : 667.5 avg 😭 Hoping my GCSEs and predicted grades will make up for my UKCAT
Original post by Esther9500
Thanks I got 9A*s and 2As at gcse and A*A*A* predicted - flopped UKCAT : 667.5 avg 😭 Hoping my GCSEs and predicted grades will make up for my UKCAT

Congratulations on your way above average stats.
Even your ukcat is above average 😊
Also be aware that UEA uses ukcat scores post interview stage when making offers as well as when they select for interviews
I'm going to the open day on Saturday
Reply 10

My daughter and I would have liked to go, but we can't make it. I hope you have a great time. Please let us know what it is like, what stands out to you and any other useful information! Thanks
Original post by AEH71
My daughter and I would have liked to go, but we can't make it. I hope you have a great time. Please let us know what it is like, what stands out to you and any other useful information! Thanks

Will do my best😊
What's your daughter's stats if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 12
Will do my best😊
What's your daughter's stats if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks
Her stats are:
10 A* & 1 B (dance) at GCSE
4 As at AS
757 av band 2 in Ukcat
Prob A*A*A prediction for A level, but they haven't been told officially yet
Original post by AEH71
Thanks
Her stats are:
10 A* & 1 B (dance) at GCSE
4 As at AS
757 av band 2 in Ukcat
Prob A*A*A prediction for A level, but they haven't been told officially yet

Wow! Congratulation!! And I thought my stats were good 😊
Reply 14
Wow! Congratulation!! And I thought my stats were good 😊

Thanks. Your stats were also great if I remember correctly!
Reply 15

Just wondering if you went to the open day and what you thought.
Hi I liked UEA and it's definitely going to be one of my four choices Location is amazing and the facilities are modern.I met the professor and head of admission and she was friendly and informative.she explained UEA's unique selection process by using UKCAT post interview as well as when ranking for interview invitations. The students were keen to answer questions and were very helpful. The head of anatomy was perhaps the most enthusiastic tutor id ever met. We talked to him for 30-35 minutes and he explained passionately how he runs his department, how important PBL is in teaching medicine at UEA. UEA are very proud of the fact that their graduates were voted as being best prepared for foundation years.
Hi I liked UEA and it's definitely going to be one of my four choices Location is amazing and the facilities are modern.I met the professor and head of admission and she was friendly and informative.she explained UEA's unique selection process by using UKCAT post interview as well as when ranking for interview invitations. The students were keen to answer questions and were very helpful. The head of anatomy was perhaps the most enthusiastic tutor id ever met. We talked to him for 30-35 minutes and he explained passionately how he runs his department, how important PBL is in teaching medicine at UEA. UEA are very proud of the fact that their graduates were voted as being best prepared for foundation years.

If you have a specific question you are welcome to pm me 😊
Does anyone know how the predicted a level grades are scored?
Is it better to have A* than A or do applicants all get the same so long as get 3As are predicted?
Original post by Palace_Eagle
Does anyone know how the predicted a level grades are scored?
Is it better to have A* than A or do applicants all get the same so long as get 3As are predicted?

Invitations to interview are decided based on 33% each for predictions/achieved, ukcat and gcse. Obviously it's better to have A* GCSEs and A levels and that's what I've heard during the open day. Having AAA predicted doesn't stop you from getting an interview though. It all depends on the quality of people applying this year and the rest of your stats. Do you mind sharing these with us please?

Latest