The Student Room Group

Year 10 going into Year 11 - any tips?

Hi there, I'm pretty new to TSR. I'm starting Year 11 in September and was wondering when I should start revising - I'm preparing resources for each of my subjects now, and have been doing this throughout the six weeks. Is there any other tips I should know before entering Year 11? Thank you :smile:
Original post by logicalfool
Hi there, I'm pretty new to TSR. I'm starting Year 11 in September and was wondering when I should start revising - I'm preparing resources for each of my subjects now, and have been doing this throughout the six weeks. Is there any other tips I should know before entering Year 11? Thank you :smile:

Relax!!! Obviously do past papers and revision but do not overwork yourself too early or you will burn out!! I think that now you should relax. If you want to start early revision start when the school year starts but not earlier.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
I wouldn't start like intense revision right away but a great thing to do is to right up revision notes for subjects like English Literature to summarise all the things you need to know: quotes, themes, characters etc. If you do a language, Quizlet is a free app which is great for learning vocabulary (definitely worth revising vocab off the list provided by the exam board as so many unique, irregular words came up in my French exam that I wouldnt have known without doing that). Maths - PAST PAPERS and Mathswatch if your school provides it. Sciences - mygcsescience is a great website for revision videos (core is free but you have to pay for additional and triple videos) - he has made videos specific to the new science 9-1 gcses that you will have. Hope this helps and good luck for year 11 !!!!!
revise early
Reply 4
Revise in regularly in short bursts from the beginning. If you haven't started note taking, begin when you start school again. It'll help so much when you're near mocks or exams since you'll only have to review your information.

You've probably heard this before but do practise papers! They'll honestly be your best friend. I did basically every maths paper possible and I wrote so many English essays for practise but it pays off in the end. Your teacher will mark them, though it may take a while, absorb their feedback because it really helps. Ask your friends to comment on your work too! It's good to get a subjective perspective :smile:

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest