The Student Room Group

Man with sword attacks police officer outside Buckingham Palace.

As of yet, only Daily Mail and Mirror are reporting on this.

Will post a BBC or Sky link when they pick up on it.

LBC and the Telegraph now reportin an attack on TWO police officers. The attacker has been arrested for 'GBH and assault'. Laughable.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Baron_Grimsby
As of yet, only Daily Mail and Mirror are reporting on this.

Will post a BBC or Sky link when they pick up on it.

LBC and the Telegraph now reportin an attack on TWO police officers. The attacker has been arrested for 'GBH and assault'. Laughable.

He should have been tasered. :unimpressed:
It's happened.

If you make too much of a thing about it they win.
Reply 3
funny how BBC and SKY take their time to pick up info of a new incident..
Time to arm all police officers with a taser at the very minimum.
Original post by Baron_Grimsby

Why is it laughable? At the time of the arrest those are the most immediate/apt charges that spring to mind. I'm sure once they look into things extra charges will be added if need be.
Original post by sulaimanali
funny how BBC and SKY take their time to pick up info of a new incident..

BBC are always a little behind, I *like* to think it is because they are checking sources/information.

I was abroad when the twin towers were hit, so we were watching the news on CNN and BBC. It was startling the contrast between them.

CNN became a whole lot of silence and "omg" as the towers fell followed by them stammering their way through trying to figure out what just happened, whereas the BBC video feed was showing the towers falling and they were still reporting on information that had been known for 30 mins or so, they didn't even acknowledge that the buildings were falling, it was surreal.

Who knows.

*edited to add* In the grand scheme of things, the BBC were the most professional in that scenario, not inciting panic, giving proper information as it came in in a thoroughly British way I suppose, CNN appeared flustered and lost. However, in today's world of twitter, and Daily Mail sensationalism with zero fact checking they are always going to look "tardy"
(edited 6 years ago)
Her Majesty will not be amused. Off with his head!

4ft sword. **** me I know girls that are 4ft

Original post by RivalPlayer
So it turns out this guy shouted out the familiar phrase that makes people run away.

Was it... "RUN!"?
Nah, it was that Arabic phrase commonly screamed by members of the Evil Ideology.

Ok, second attempt then.

Was it تشغيل إلى الشيطان ?

Spoiler

"Run to the Devil"? Nah...the phrase is "Allahu Akbar" (God is greatest). When Europeans hear it, they tend to run only to come back as one to insist that they are not afraid. It's all rather odd.

It's kinda weird how "god is great" is the go to phrase before blowing yourself up. Like there's so much cooler stuff you can say. Even if you're religious you can still go on about smiting or bringing about god's judgement or just calling em out for being an infidel. but noooo gotta be so basic
Original post by Retired_Messiah
It's kinda weird how "god is great" is the go to phrase before blowing yourself up. Like there's so much cooler stuff you can say. Even if you're religious you can still go on about smiting or bringing about god's judgement or just calling em out for being an infidel. but noooo gotta be so basic

Personally, I would yell "Stay here, I'll be back".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41098988

Turns out the man has been released and no further action is being taken. Interesting...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending