Reading Material About The End of The Cold War?

Watch this thread
Mo_Barker
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I'm doing the end of the Cold War for my history CW, particularly whether it was Gorbachev or Reagan whose actions contributed more to its end. Over summer I was meant to take notes from at least 5 books about my chosen topic. However, with only a few weeks left, I realized of the 4 books I got from the college library (aka the only 4 the even broached the topic of the end of the cold war) all suck. They have very little detail about the individuals involved and as this is a topic I'm not very read up on I'm struggling to formulate opinions.
As such, can anyone recommend any books or other materials that I could use? I can definitely make do with what I have, and have a look in my local library (though I doubt it'd be much better; it's not massive), but I'd definitely be grateful for recommendations. My teacher really bigged up this topic and said it would be an interesting thing to explore, but right now I don't feel like I'm making much headway.
Thanks!
GekLhar
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Could you specify the exam board you're using and perhaps the NEA requirements? I could suggest some schools of thought if so.

In terms of extended reading, Victor Sebestyen's 'Revolution 1989 The fall of the Soviet Empire' offers insight into factors that had been latent for decades. Moreover, he visited the Soviet Union during 1989 presented surreal detail.

Not sure if you're asking for schools of thought or detail to reference or develop your own understanding.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (8)
24.24%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (10)
30.3%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (2)
6.06%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (3)
9.09%
Reading articles about what steps to take (6)
18.18%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
6.06%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
6.06%

Watched Threads