Changed Mind After Accepting TC Offer Watch

PR94
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys, I wondering if you could help.

I accepted a training contract from one firm (verbally and signed the contract sent via the post).

However, I was very shortly afterwards invited to a final round interview at another firm, which I attended, and was subsequently offered the TC from that firm - one that I prefer.

Am I able to renege on my acceptance of the first offer, and if I do, am I jeopardising my offer from the second? Thanks.
Losfr5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Bump
PR94
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thanks for that, I appreciate it!
Crumpet1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Once an offer has been accepted, under the Voluntary Code (the 29 July 2015 version, which I believe is the latest one) you are supposed to withdraw from other recruitment processes, and not make further applications.

https://agr.org.uk/write/Documents/V...Solicitors.pdf

Yes it is voluntary, and it can't be enforced against you, but it sets out good practice that is recognised by important legal bodies.
Crumpet1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by J-SP)
If the firm itself doesn't abide by the code though (and so many aren't these days) then there is no reason for the candidates to either (in my view).
Rather a loss, in my view, and a shame if firms and candidates are moving away from it. The code never did anything other than to set out some basic standards of considerate behaviour.
jessjanellbhons1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Crumpet1)
Once an offer has been accepted, under the Voluntary Code (the 29 July 2015 version, which I believe is the latest one) you are supposed to withdraw from other recruitment processes, and not make further applications.

https://agr.org.uk/write/Documents/V...Solicitors.pdf

Yes it is voluntary, and it can't be enforced against you, but it sets out good practice that is recognised by important legal bodies.
This is correct. I was 'hot stuff', attracting multiple interviews, but I turned all of them down when I accepted my first offer.

This is the ethical thing to do.
emmings
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jessjanellbhons1)
This is correct. I was 'hot stuff', attracting multiple interviews, but I turned all of them down when I accepted my first offer.

This is the ethical thing to do.
Oh get over yourself!

OP firms will not hesitate to screw you over when times are bad for them so do what's right for you and don't give it a second thought. Just follow JSP's advice and do it asap before the first firm spends anything on you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (29)
6.92%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (245)
58.47%
No (145)
34.61%

Watched Threads