The Student Room Group

Should I get GCSE OCR Biology remarked?

Overall, I got an A. My UMS is 344, and is 16 UMS away from an A*

Especially in B4B5B6, I was sure I did really well but I was shocked to see that I got a mid A for that exam.

Should I get that exam remarked in the hope I gain 9 more marks(16 UMS) or is it not worth it?
Reply 1
It's unlikely that you'll get those 9 marks, but if you really need to, go for it. If you've gotten onto your course/sixth form without an A*, I recommend leaving it as it is
Original post by DreamChaser2001
Overall, I got an A. My UMS is 344, and is 16 UMS away from an A*

Especially in B4B5B6, I was sure I did really well but I was shocked to see that I got a mid A for that exam.

Should I get that exam remarked in the hope I gain 9 more marks(16 UMS) or is it not worth it?

They would probably struggle to find that many but you're not anywhere near being in danger of dropping to a B so do what you want. I would recommend being happy with your A and asking yourself if you NEED an A*
Original post by Reece.W.J
They would probably struggle to find that many but you're not anywhere near being in danger of dropping to a B so do what you want. I would recommend being happy with your A and asking yourself if you NEED an A*

It's just that I got A* in Chemistry and Physics but the A in Biology, when I really expected to be also getting that A* in Biology. Not a huge issue, but would've been nice to get an A* in all 3 sciences
Original post by Haider_A
It's unlikely that you'll get those 9 marks, but if you really need to, go for it. If you've gotten onto your course/sixth form without an A*, I recommend leaving it as it is

My grades are more than fine for college, but part of me feels empty seeing as I got an A* in the other two sciences(Chemistry and Physics), would've loved A* for the whole set of sciences but nevermind I guess. I actually thought I did really well in that paper though :/

Quick Reply

Latest