The Student Room Group

ID Issues

Hi. Hope this is the right section to post!

I am starting my 1st year of uni at the beginning of October and have been starting to stress about the fact that due to not having a passport/driving license, I currently have no proof of age beyond my birth certificate. I'm sorting out a first adult passport application but this has been delayed due to having to find a birth certificate countersignatory (big headache what with SFE wanting this too!) so I won't be able to send it off until sometime next week. It can take up to 6 weeks to process and Uni will start in 5 weeks, so I'm now rather concerned that I may have to go to uni without all-crucial ID needed for entry into pubs and clubs etc. I don't want my Freshers fortnight to be compromised by this and have to miss out on all the social events going on that might require proof of age, so needless to say I'm rather worried!

Has anyone got any advice, or do you know whether the student id issued by your university is usually sufficient for at least on-campus venues, until my passport arrives ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Original post by littlemissfiery

I am starting my 1st year of uni at the beginning of October and have been starting to stress about the fact that due to not having a passport/driving license, I currently have no proof of age beyond my birth certificate. I'm sorting out a first adult passport application but this has been delayed due to having to find a birth certificate countersignatory (big headache what with SFE wanting this too!) so I won't be able to send it off until sometime next week. It can take up to 6 weeks to process and Uni will start in 5 weeks, so I'm now rather concerned that I may have to go to uni without all-crucial ID needed for entry into pubs and clubs etc. I don't want my Freshers fortnight to be compromised by this and have to miss out on all the social events going on that might require proof of age, so needless to say I'm rather worried!

Has anyone got any advice, or do you know whether the student id issued by your university is usually sufficient for at least on-campus venues, until my passport arrives ?

Can you not get a provisional licence anyway? They usually come pretty quickly and are easier to carry round than a passport.
Original post by littlemissfiery

Most unions will not accept just a student I.D. as it has no actual proof of age
Your passport may arrive faster, depends how busy the office is, I applied for my mine last November and it arrived 10 days later
Original post by jelly1000
Can you not get a provisional licence anyway? They usually come pretty quickly and are easier to carry round than a passport.

Fake ID, just saying...
Original post by 10equals2
Yeah smart. Dunno how it is where you are, but where I am, ID gets scanned and logged in most places now.

Oh, I guess that's out of the equation then -unless you copy someone's actual data off their ID. I've never actually been to a club (I'm 16) so I don't really have any experiences of that.
Original post by 10equals2
Also most are so easily identifiable. But yeah, this isn't at all helpful to the original poster.

Oh well...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending