A modest proposal against moral decadence of Western society Watch

This discussion is closed.
giordano
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Let's face it dear friends: our Western society is morally decadent and, ultimately, doomed. Unless some fast action is undertaken.

As a first step, I would like to attract your attention to a possibility not many of us have taken into consideration: report any immoral behaviour you observe (free-mixing, public intimacy between people of opposite or same sex, exchange of St Valentine cards etc) to someone who can investigate it seriously: the Saudi Arabia Mutaween, or religious police.

Luckily, access to those brave immorality-fighters is quite easy, via their website http://www.hesbah.com/. There is also a quite handy form here http://www.hesbah.com/disapprove.asp where you can give details on immoral behaviour observed. For greater convenience, I include a rough translation of the text (strangely, this form seems to be available only in Arabic)

The first text box is for your name.

The drop down list underneath it is for the name of the city where the incident took place. (The first four on the list are:Mecca,Saudi City, Riyadh,Jeddah. You might not find your particular city on the list, but do not let this discourage you)

The second text box is your email address.

The drop down list underneath it is for the particular behaviour you are reporting.

1. Someone not attending daily prayers
2. Flirting
3. Loitering
4. Selling Stolen Goods
5. Immoral Observations
6. Engaging in Western Habits
7. Other

The big box is for a specific description of the activity being reported.

I am sure that if we all stopped hiding our head in the sand, and reported regularly to those brave crime-fighters any immoral behaviour (or engaging in Western habits) you may observe, we could greatly enhance moral standards in our corrupt societies.
Vladek
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by giordano)
Let's face it dear friends: our Western society is morally decadent and, ultimately, doomed. Unless some fast action is undertaken.

As a first step, I would like to attract your attention to a possibility not many of us have taken into consideration: report any immoral behaviour you observe (free-mixing, public intimacy between people of opposite or same sex, exchange of St Valentine cards etc) to someone who can investigate it seriously: the Saudi Arabia Mutaween, or religious police.

Luckily, access to those brave immorality-fighters is quite easy, via their website http://www.hesbah.com/. There is also a quite handy form here http://www.hesbah.com/disapprove.asp where you can give details on immoral behaviour observed. For greater convenience, I include a rough translation of the text (strangely, this form seems to be available only in Arabic)

The first text box is for your name.

The drop down list underneath it is for the name of the city where the incident took place. (The first four on the list are:Mecca,Saudi City, Riyadh,Jeddah. You might not find your particular city on the list, but do not let this discourage you)

The second text box is your email address.

The drop down list underneath it is for the particular behaviour you are reporting.

1. Someone not attending daily prayers
2. Flirting
3. Loitering
4. Selling Stolen Goods
5. Immoral Observations
6. Engaging in Western Habits
7. Other

The big box is for a specific description of the activity being reported.

I am sure that if we all stopped hiding our head in the sand, and reported regularly to those brave crime-fighters any immoral behaviour, or engaging in Western habits, you may observe, we could greatly enhace moral standards in our corrupt societies.
You're taking the piss aren't you
giordano
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vladek)
You're taking the piss aren't you
Unfortunately,I know this is really no joke for the poor people who are subjected to this torture.

BTW, two more details :
-the official name of the mutaween is "Authority for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice"

- In the denounciation form, the button on bottom/right is "Submit." The button on the left is "Reset."
Weejimmie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Like Lord Melbourne said: Things have come to a pretty pass when they start drgging morality into the sanctity of private life.
Chubb
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nice, very nice! :cool: When I read the first line I thought it was real though!
Fleffzilla
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Your post reminded me of the whole Nazi propoganda of reporting family members for anti-nazi behavioiur etc.
giordano
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chubb)
Nice, very nice! :cool: When I read the first line I thought it was real though!
Thanks. Just think however of all the effort it will take to start reporting all "Engaging in Western Habits" taking place in Western Society! The mind boggles...
macworld
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thanks. Just think however of all the effort it will take to start reporting all "Engaging in Western Habits" taking place in Western Society! The mind boggles...
Thank you for the interesting post. I just reported a pervert who was an outright provocation: he was missing his daily prayers, flirting, loitering, selling stolen goods, making immoral observations and engaging in Western habits all at the same time!

Such people deserve no mercy.
Weejimmie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by macworld)
Thank you for the interesting post. I just reported a pervert who was an outright provocation: he was missing his daily prayers, flirting, loitering, selling stolen goods, making immoral observations and engaging in Western habits all at the same time!
...on the sabbath, too.
LifeWired
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Such people deserve no mercy.
We can't lock up everyone, I think these guidelines need to be more specific.
macworld
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by LifeWired)
We can't lock up everyone, I think these guidelines need to be more specific.
Paradise is not accessible to the faint of heart. We can at least try.

I agree, however, that these guidelines are ultimately self-defeating.
How can someone seriously pretend that we Westerners refrain from Western habits?
LifeWired
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Paradise is not accessible to the faint of heart. We can at least try.

I agree, however, that these guidelines are ultimately self-defeating.
How can someone seriously pretend that we Westerners refrain from Western habits?
Though to Christians the Church is seen as an 'Institute of Sinners' (at least, that is what our school Priest always said! - great guy). It is a matter of belief perhaps. Religion and the state should preferably be separate in my opinion - enforcing these rules at that level might get out of hand.
giordano
Rep:
?
This discussion is becoming more and more complicated. Do you all realize that, even if we repent and reform our sinful ways, do away with all the fornicating, boozing, exchanging Valentines, our new values will still be Western values (by definition).

There is one real solution only: we have to leave our beloved families and friends, and relocate all to the Middle East. Dieu le veut.
psychic_satori
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think the only way to get rid of such immoral behavior is to eliminate the populations of the Western World, so we can all stop corrupting the pious people of the Middle East. I mean, men should be throwing rocks at women, not flirting with them! :rolleyes:
giordano
Rep:
?
(Original post by psychic_satori)
I think the only way to get rid of such immoral behavior is to eliminate the populations of the Western World, so we can all stop corrupting the pious people of the Middle East. I mean, men should be throwing rocks at women, not flirting with them! :rolleyes:
Good one !

on a more serious tone, I am afraid however that burning them at the stake would be more in line with our cultural and religious traditions
macworld
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Good one !

Also on a more serious tone, I am afraid however that burning them at the stake would be more in line with our cultural and religious traditions
Also on a more serious tone: these guys (the mutaween) are really no joke. They're raving mad.

In march 2002, they made the headlines by preventing some girls leaving their burning school because they did not wear appropriate, morally acceptable dress. 15 died as a consequence.

You can check the story here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/1874471.stm
giordano
Rep:
?
Also on a more serious tone: these guys (the mutaween) are really no joke. They're raving mad.

In march 2002, they made the headlines by preventing some girls leaving their burning school because they did not wear appropriate, morally acceptable dress. 15 died as a consequence.

You can check the story here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/1874471.stm
I agree that it's no joke.

It's too difficult however to resist the temptation to make fun of Islam, especially in its most extreme versions. In synthesis: Islam-bashing is good, clean fun. It's Islam's fault, which is so eminently bashable.

Muslims are a different story. Most of them are honest, hard-working people. It is difficult to understand what Muslims have in common with Islam.
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Report any immoral behaviour you observe (free-mixing, public intimacy between people of opposite or same sex, exchange of St Valentine cards etc) to someone who can investigate it seriously: the Saudi Arabia Mutaween, or religious police.
So the hugely corrupt, self interested perverts that make up the Saudi religious police are positioned to 'investigate serisouly' my immoral behaviour living, as I do, in the UK?
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nothing wronge with reporting the selling of stolen goods
giordano
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tednol)
So the hugely corrupt, self interested perverts that make up the Saudi religious police are positioned to 'investigate serisouly' my immoral behaviour living, as I do, in the UK?
Sounds like you have something to hide, Tednol... Make a clean breast out of it... confess that Valentine card you sent in February...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%
No I don't (547)
48.54%

Watched Threads