The Student Room Group

Disappointed with gcse results

I am disappointed with my gcse results.I got 4 A* 4 A 3 B Are these good enough to get into UCL/LSE/Warwick/Nottingham for a course such as Economics ?
Original post by J77mie
I am disappointed with my gcse results.I got 4 A* 4 A 3 B Are these good enough to get into UCL/LSE/Warwick/Nottingham for a course such as Economics ?

Absolutely.
Reply 2
Original post by Blue_Cow
Absolutely.

Thank you for your reply. How much do Unis consider GCSEs ?
They're great! Universities now look at GCSEs for us because Year 11 don't do AS levels next school year but due to how hard the exams were and the low pass rates even Bs will likely recognized by the higher rated universities. It's all good.
Original post by J77mie
Thank you for your reply. How much do Unis consider GCSEs ?

They don't put too much weight on it - for the universities that you've chosen, anyway.

A strong set of A-Levels with an excellent PS is more more important :smile:
Reply 5
I'm in the same situation as you 5 A* 5A and my school has a 73% A* rate 😔😔 Think I might've ****ed it
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Nickb_.
I'm in the same situation as you 5 A* 5A and my school has a 73% A* rate 😔😔 Think I might've ****ed it

Are you at Habs or QE ?
Reply 7
Original post by J77mie
Are you at Habs or QE ?

Also with 5 A* and 5 A you are perfectly fine even applying for Oxbridge.
Reply 8
Original post by J77mie
Also with 5 A* and 5 A you are perfectly fine even applying for Oxbridge.

Hope so I'm considering similar unis to you probably not oxbridge and maybe Durham too
Reply 9
Original post by Nickb_.
Hope so I'm considering similar unis to you probably not oxbridge and maybe Durham too

Do you want to do economics at uni ?
Reply 10
Original post by J77mie
Do you want to do economics at uni ?

Yeah but I'm pretty worried because my brother had a hard time getting into UCL with 10 A*s and my dad who used to work in finance wasn't too enthusiastic about my results
Reply 11
Original post by ModernGeneration
I'd be disgusted if I got those grades, luckily I didn't! To get into UCL or Nottingham you need atleast 10 A*s and 2 years of charity service. You also need highly regarded recommendations, but most importantly, due to your poor grades you need your parents to bribe your way in.

Ok. You are very bitter in your reply. I know people who have got less than 10 A* into UCL.
Original post by J77mie
Ok. You are very bitter in your reply. I know people who have got less than 10 A* into UCL.

I don't need to have a reason to be bitter. I'm just telling him he won't get in

Quick Reply

Latest