I obsess/fixate on people, help!

Watch
anonlady101
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Okay for starters this may all be because I am detoxing from alcohol and marijuana. These effect me quite heavily cause I workout a lot and eat very clean. I am thinking with time this issue will be resolved because I'll revert back to my healthy habits.

Now what I have noticed since I was young but especially around 19, now 22 as of Monday. Is I fixate or obsess on people. Whether it be my roommate, a guy I like, a friend, etc

Currently: obsessed over an old roommate. We only roomed together for 2 months. And became friends, she started dating a guy who disliked how much we hung out and felt I was trying to make her choose me or him or whatever (I liked him and included him, he's just emotionally immature and plays victim) but now that we don't live together I'm obsessed with being included in her life. I think it's because of how big she dreams and how down and fun she is (this is what made me finally dislike the bf 1. He unfollowed me on stuff and handed everyone shots at her bday but me 2. I feel he knows, that I know she can do better and I'm not afraid to tell her). And when everyone wished me happy bday I was waiting for her message the entire time. Instead her and her bf made themselves official by posting on Instagram. I also tried incorporating myself back in her life by saying we should room together and then she told me she's been planning to room with someone from junior high.

How I obsess: always wanting a text, cyber stalk, replay situations in my head, think up scenarios, etc

Before her my last obsession was my ex YouTube partner. I was also replaced by a relationship. And would think of our issues and friendship all day. This obsession was right before the roommate. I feel I just transition from person to person. Before the YouTube was an ex and that one was pretty bad because heavier emotions were involved he consumed my mind. Before the ex there was a small break of healing and moving on then I went to the YouTube partner. But before both of them I was obsessed a friend who became a roommate. I was obsessed with her for maybe like 6 months. Just always cared what she was doing thinking etc! And before that was the friend who introduced us and me and her had a year of drama and obsession.

Most recent roommate - obsession time 2 wks
Ex YouTube partner - 1.5 months
Ex - 2 months
Friend/Roomie - 6 months
Roomie - 1 year

And before this was probably some obsessions I don't recall but I know I've always let people rent too much space in my head.

I'm accounting this to the drugs and alcohol and I'm hoping that's what it is because when I'm sober and loving my life I tend not to obsess over anyone.

Reasons I think I obsess

-Unhappiness with my own life
-MARIJUANA / Alcohol
-No longer being able to talk to my mom - as I got older I genuinely began to dislike her as a person and see a lot of her unhealthy habits
-Not having a highly emotionally intelligent family excluding one of my brothers which I may begin to start seeking advice from
-Again just not living the life I want. But I'm trying to start working on that
Perfuddled
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You accidentally posted this instead of putting it in your diary.
Personinsertname
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You don't like yourself? Well JOIN the party!
You have crossed a few moral and legal boundaries. Fix yourself at once or feel the wrath of the law!
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sweet baby jesus...
anonlady101
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Ya it was the weed and alcohol. I'm a few days sober now and no longer care about any of these people. Instead I'm super excited about the things that are coming together in my life.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (293)
55.7%
I don't have everything I need (233)
44.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise