GCSE can I resit non core subjects?

Watch
shadi10
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So on Thursday I recieved my GCSE results and was fairly satisfied with my achievements. The only subject that dissappointed me was Spanish, which I achieved a B for. I was told that I performed well on my controlled assessments (Unit 3/4 at grade A's), so began to focus my attention on the other two units. I did however discover on results day that I have been misinformed of my Unit 4 grade and that I had actually achieved a C instead of an A. I doubt that I have been marked down as my other controlled assessment grade was correct.

So I was wondering if it is possible to resit indivual units inorder to achieve a higher overall grade. If not, does anyone have any other options to achieving a higher overall? I was concerned that due to the Spec change, there wouldn't be any options, so can someone reassure me.

Hope you all achieved what you wanted if recieving results.
Thanks.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by shadi10)
So on Thursday I recieved my GCSE results and was fairly satisfied with my achievements. The only subject that dissappointed me was Spanish, which I achieved a B for. I was told that I performed well on my controlled assessments (Unit 3/4 at grade A's), so began to focus my attention on the other two units. I did however discover on results day that I have been misinformed of my Unit 4 grade and that I had actually achieved a C instead of an A. I doubt that I have been marked down as my other controlled assessment grade was correct.

So I was wondering if it is possible to resit indivual units inorder to achieve a higher overall grade. If not, does anyone have any other options to achieving a higher overall? I was concerned that due to the Spec change, there wouldn't be any options, so can someone reassure me.

Hope you all achieved what you wanted if recieving results.
Thanks.
You an resit the whole exam. I dont believe you can pick and choose modules, but you can contact the exam board. You are most likely going to have to enter as a private candidate but your current school might let you sit there. Talk to the head/ teacher/ exam officer.
shadi10
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thanks alot, very useful information.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (64)
14.71%
I'm not sure (16)
3.68%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (147)
33.79%
I have already dropped out (7)
1.61%
I'm not a current university student (201)
46.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise