The Student Room Group

Is there a chance that I can do A levels with only 3 gcses

so I did well on all of my other three gcses A*A*B but I got an E in maths.
In order to do A-levels I need at least 4 gcses at grade C or above.
Should I ask for a remark or is it possible for me to retake maths exam alongside my A-levels ?
Original post by dima10
Should I ask for a remark or is it possible for me to retake maths exam alongside my A-levels ?

Its at the discretion of the school. They may have a requirement that you need GCSE English and Maths to enter sixth form. Talk to your head of sixth. They may also offer you BTEC if they do them. 2A's and a BTEC is fine.

You might also wish to resit or take a couple more GCSEs to bring it up to 5. In any event you will need to keep retaking Maths till 18 or you pass.
Original post by dima10

Impossible to guess when you offer no explanation why you only did 4 GCSE and where it was you planned to study A level. As 999tigger has said, you need to ask the school/college that had said you could study A levels with 4 GCSE. This is an unusual offer in itself and I would think there must be some extenuating circumstances that they are taking into consideration.

Quick Reply

Latest