JohnLFC
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there,

So this is my situation, I just completed my foundation year in Stirling in Scotland, and the plan was to go go to Leiden University in the Netherlands, my offer was to get 65% overall and no class under 60. I got 73% overall and all my classes over 70 except a very irrelevant and frustrating class called study methods which I got 56, so I've emailed Leiden and they will get back to me on Monday telling me wether or not I'll be able to go, but its looking uphill at the moment.

So I am looking at plan B's and I need some help, I am more interested in studying in Europe, either Germany, Holland, France or Spain, does anyone know if these countries have January intake? or when do they normal semesters start? Because I believe in Germany the semester starts in April instead of September, is that right?

Any advice?

Regards,
Juan
Basiil17
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JohnLFC)
Hi there,

So this is my situation, I just completed my foundation year in Stirling in Scotland, and the plan was to go go to Leiden University in the Netherlands, my offer was to get 65% overall and no class under 60. I got 73% overall and all my classes over 70 except a very irrelevant and frustrating class called study methods which I got 56, so I've emailed Leiden and they will get back to me on Monday telling me wether or not I'll be able to go, but its looking uphill at the moment.

So I am looking at plan B's and I need some help, I am more interested in studying in Europe, either Germany, Holland, France or Spain, does anyone know if these countries have January intake? or when do they normal semesters start? Because I believe in Germany the semester starts in April instead of September, is that right?

Any advice?

Regards,
Juan
Can't you stay at Stirling?
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JohnLFC)
Hi there,

Any advice?

Regards,
Juan
I don't think so (and even if they did, I don't know of any English-taught degree programme in Europe that starts in the winter semester), but you won't know for sure unless you do some research. Have you looked on these websites? https://www.studyinholland.nl/ and https://www.study-in.de/en/

You were very, very close to meeting your Leiden offer so don't give up hope just yet.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (6)
7.79%
Disagree (5)
6.49%
Neither agree or disagree (20)
25.97%
Agree (32)
41.56%
Strongly Agree (14)
18.18%

Watched Threads