How do i self study my gcses

Watch
glamourprincess
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Do i just revise using revision books and flash cards and use bbc bitesize or is it better to do an distance learning course. was thinking of using cloudclearn but its 280 pounds and to take the exam near me will cost 175 for a single subject and 350 for two like double award science for example please help??
username3057334
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by glamourprincess)
Do i just revise using revision books and flash cards and use bbc bitesize or is it better to do an distance learning course. was thinking of using cloudclearn but its 280 pounds and to take the exam near me will cost 175 for a single subject and 350 for two like double award science for example please help??
In theory, you could self study using revision guides etc. But also bear in mind resources such as exam specifications, YouTube and sites such as Gojomo and Memrise
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For science use freesciencelessons it's on youtube and for maths use mathsgenie,if these are the subjects you are doing.
glamourprincess
Rep:
?
(Original post by the_nshoesmith)
In theory, you could self study using revision guides etc. But also bear in mind resources such as exam specifications, YouTube and sites such as Gojomo and Memrise
thank you
glamourprincess
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous1502)
For science use freesciencelessons it's on youtube and for maths use mathsgenie,if these are the subjects you are doing.
ok thanks
Jonsablue
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Which ones are you hoping to take? Most colleges offer free courses for math, English and combined science.

If your determined to go it alone then check out past GCSE papers online so as you get a feel for where you should be heading. Remember though they only cover part of the curriculum. There's quite a large subject area for all three which might be covered in any exam!

Good luck.

Jon
DYoverDX
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No pain, no gain.
Therefore you need to make sacrifices. Don't waste your time, remember it will all be worth it in the end.
glamourprincess
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jonsablue)
Which ones are you hoping to take? Most colleges offer free courses for math, English and combined science.

If your determined to go it alone then check out past GCSE papers online so as you get a feel for where you should be heading. Remember though they only cover part of the curriculum. There's quite a large subject area for all three which might be covered in any exam!

Good luck.

Jon
Hi jon
Im looking to study double science and maybe social science psychology and sociology as college dont offer it for mature adults
glamourprincess
Rep:
?
(Original post by DYoverDX)
No pain, no gain.
Therefore you need to make sacrifices. Don't waste your time, remember it will all be worth it in the end.
i understand
Student1191
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Past papers past papers past papers past papers past papers
Jonsablue
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi jon
Im looking to study double science and maybe social science psychology and sociology as college dont offer it for mature adults
Yeah they're very limited in what they offer. Though I do believe my local college also offered physcology at gcse level.

Whatever you decide to do good luck doing it..
glamourprincess
Rep:
?
Yeah they're very limited in what they offer. Though I do believe my local college also offered physcology at gcse level.

Whatever you decide to do good luck doing it..
i decided to take an online course in double science as it be hard for me to self study it plus im going to retake my maths aswell and might also redo literature or self study pyschology and sociology
Jonsablue
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i decided to take an online course in double science as it be hard for me to self study it plus im going to retake my maths aswell and might also redo literature or self study pyschology and sociology
Yeah probably wise. Are you going for the foundation or higher maths?
Student1191
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Revision guides only get you a c because they're basic
glamourprincess
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reece.W.J)
Revision guides only get you a c because they're basic
ok thanks for the advice
glamourprincess
Rep:
?
Yeah probably wise. Are you going for the foundation or higher maths?
maybe higher maths
Jonsablue
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
maybe higher maths
I sat that last year, don't underestimate it!!
nightisdark
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I dropped out from Year 11 due to mental health issues (just got my results back, did pretty well!) and I fully recommend GCSEpods, if they're available to you. They're very precise and go through each topic in the curriculum.

do mindmaps, past papers, test yourself. Are you a visual learner? There's fantastic videos on YouTube that can really help, especially with science. Make a list of all the topics you need to do, then as you do them, tick them off and try to make a revision worksheet at the end. It'll really help when you come back to it.

Remember, you can do this!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (27)
17.53%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (49)
31.82%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (14)
9.09%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
10.39%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
4.55%
I think it's an unfair expectation (38)
24.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.95%

Watched Threads