Thea89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I got an A* in GCSE French (197/200 UMS, making it my best subject) and I did find it quite easy but I think I did a lot more work than other people who got A*s. I'm really worried that I wouldn't be able to do it at A Level though, especially because of the speaking section because at GCSE you can just learn something you wrote in advance. Does anyone find that they still enjoy French at A Level despite the large increase in difficulty? Would you recommend that I do it and if so do you have any tips on how to get an alright grade?
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The difficulty hike actually feels much more rewarding, as you feel like you're actually learning how to speak french as opposed to previous learning how to write a script. Anybody I know who did french A level for longer than a week genuinely really liked that aspect, even people like me who C'd the AS level then never went near the subject again.

You can still brute force it and learn in advance to a degree, just prepare for a huge range of possible questions and a bunch of them will almost certainly come up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (329)
34.6%
No (622)
65.4%

Watched Threads