lsilvertongue
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm headed to uni in September (UCL) to study Natsci (bio/chem/maths&stats) after a year out. I was working in a lab (drug development, a lot of hands on work but less theoretical science learnt) and realise I almost certainly need to recap a lot of A-level before I get there so I'm not behind once lectures start.

Where should I start? I'm planning on looking through the A-level maths syllabus and trying some past papers but obviously I can't do 2 years of study recap before I start, any advice? Many thanks
Amefish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lsilvertongue)
I'm headed to uni in September (UCL) to study Natsci (bio/chem/maths&stats) after a year out. I was working in a lab (drug development, a lot of hands on work but less theoretical science learnt) and realise I almost certainly need to recap a lot of A-level before I get there so I'm not behind once lectures start.

Where should I start? I'm planning on looking through the A-level maths syllabus and trying some past papers but obviously I can't do 2 years of study recap before I start, any advice? Many thanks
Generally year one is about getting everyone up to speed, so you don't necessarily have to do any revision. You also don't know exactly what you will be taught in what order.

I've had a quick look on UCL's NatSci course details (here) and I can't find much information about each of the modules, which would be a good starting point if you're dead set in revising before you go to uni. If you can find any more details about each of the modules you might be able to find some familiar topics you could revise, otherwise you don't really have enough information to decide exactly what would be the most beneficial to revise.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (145)
14.4%
I'm not sure (42)
4.17%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (302)
29.99%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.86%

Watched Threads