Student1191
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm doing economics maths and chemistry a level and I was wanting to know what business degrees will get me high paying job
the_nshoesmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Reece.W.J)
I'm doing economics maths and chemistry a level and I was wanting to know what business degrees will get me high paying job
Not doing Business at A-Level?

Pay can vary but Business Studies or Business Management are good bets.
Student1191
Rep:
?
(Original post by the_nshoesmith)
Not doing Business at A-Level?

Pay can vary but Business Studies or Business Management are good bets.
My school only do business BTEC and economics is good enough. Nowhere I've seen requires business
the_nshoesmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My school only do business BTEC and economics is good enough. Nowhere I've seen requires business
Fair enough
MonsoonFlower
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Economics
Maths
Business

All three are traditional courses so understandably they are equally difficult and competitive to get into.
However I'd say Business is more varied than the other 2 as Economics and Maths are the main elements and ingredients of what makes a business.
username2130115
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There's many options, e.g. accounting or economics. Accountants are always in demand and you'll see this if you run a job search on accountants. Alternatively, if you get something like A*AA you could study economics at a target university and consider investment banking as a career.
Student1191
Rep:
?
(Original post by Raees_Sharif)
There's many options, e.g. accounting or economics. Accountants are always in demand and you'll see this if you run a job search on accountants. Alternatively, if you get something like A*AA you could study economics at a target university and consider investment banking as a career.
But an accounting degree doesn't actually qualify me to become an accountant
username2130115
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
But an accounting degree doesn't actually qualify me to become an accountant
It will if you take the exams required to become an accountant (i don't remember thename of them off the top of my head). Some accounting degrees actually include them but you should double check with the university.
Student1191
Rep:
?
(Original post by Raees_Sharif)
It will if you take the exams required to become an accountant (i don't remember thename of them off the top of my head). Some accounting degrees actually include them but you should double check with the university.
Most of them don't include all of the required exams. Do you think it's possible to do the others alongside the degree course
-MizzSnazzter-
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Accounting degrees give you exemptions to the formal accounting exams. So what people do is they get their degree and then join an accounting firm which pay for them to finish the last few exams.

If you're smart, I don't recommend doing a business degree. It's not a well regarded degree if you want to earn big bucks in the city.

You are better off doing Economics, Maths or Accounting / Finance (if you want to be an accountant).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (226)
61.08%
No (77)
20.81%
Not sure (67)
18.11%

Watched Threads