The Student Room Group

Tips on Reaching an A/A* in A Level Psychology?

I got my AS results back and after having recieved A grades consistently throughout the year I only achieved a D in the actual exam. I very much want to achieve an A/ A* next year, can any one give me any tips on how to better my chances? Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by THiddy123
I got my AS results back and after having recieved A grades consistently throughout the year I only achieved a D in the actual exam. I very much want to achieve an A/ A* next year, can any one give me any tips on how to better my chances? Thank you :smile:

yoooo i did my a levels and got AAB one of the As in psychology truth its u need to study so hard constantly i did AQA and i made essay plans for each possible essay like 80 of them 12 markers and 16 and memorized them all off by heart and just reading the question properly make sure you look at markschemes to clearly see what they want
Reply 2
Original post by hashman
yoooo i did my a levels and got AAB one of the As in psychology truth its u need to study so hard constantly i did AQA and i made essay plans for each possible essay like 80 of them 12 markers and 16 and memorized them all off by heart and just reading the question properly make sure you look at markschemes to clearly see what they want

Thank you! I didn't do many essay plans last year so that sounds like a good idea.
Reply 3
Original post by THiddy123
Thank you! I didn't do many essay plans last year so that sounds like a good idea.

defo do that because my teacher gave me that idea im just an average student but i was the only person who did that and subsequently the only person who got an A in my class it makes stuff so much easier to learn because lets face it psychology is a very very content based subject have a look at loopa he does essay plans but i would recomend you do your ownc
Reply 4
Original post by hashman
defo do that because my teacher gave me that idea im just an average student but i was the only person who did that and subsequently the only person who got an A in my class it makes stuff so much easier to learn because lets face it psychology is a very very content based subject have a look at loopa he does essay plans but i would recomend you do your ownc

I've never heard of him so thank you that is great!
Original post by hashman

Amazing but what a essay plan? I'm bit confused is it writing out a whole essay for example a slt full 16 mark essay and etc for all topic and memorising ?
Reply 7
Original post by 1_Zainn_
Amazing but what a essay plan? I'm bit confused is it writing out a whole essay for example a slt full 16 mark essay and etc for all topic and memorising ?

so u basically it would be like writing 5 outlines concise a01 one sentence each and like 5 eval points two it depends how many u would include in each essay each plan shouldnt be more than 3/4 of a page
Reply 8
Original post by PurpleDelight

I adore Ibz Mo! He's so great, thanks for your help :smile:
Original post by hashman

For the essay questions did you just use the ones in the textbook, so one per spread or did you do more than that?
Original post by Divergent4
For the essay questions did you just use the ones in the textbook, so one per spread or did you do more than that?

personally i think that if you 1 plan for one spread and learn it well its fine the book has sufficient content tbf but u can get a book called A level psychology by Micheal E. Eysenck its really in depth if u want extra detail i used it a bit
Memorise the **** out of your textbook and practice a lot of STEM and essay questions. I did that an got an A*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending