I'm sick and tired of my parents

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
They expect me to be nice to them and expect me to do everything for them when they're so horrible to me and call me names. I admit my flaws, i am lazy and i don't try at many things but now i am trying to change that. But my parents refuse to admit their flaws and it really pisses me off, they always threaten me by saying they'll leave the house if i don't talk to them (because i know i'll say something i regret and so i walk away). Is this emotional abuse? because they are threatening me to do things and my mum always says that i shouldn't cry otherwise i'm a sore loser (she says she is ashamed of me if i cry)
DYoverDX
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
[QUOTE=Anonymous;73449310]They expect me to be nice to them and expect me to do everything for them when they're so horrible to me and call me names. I admit my flaws, i am lazy and i don't try at many things but now i am trying to change that. But my parents refuse to admit their flaws and it really pisses me off, they always threaten me by saying they'll leave the house if i don't talk to them (because i know i'll say something i regret and so i walk away). Is this emotional abuse? because they are threatening me to do things and my mum always says that i shouldn't cry otherwise i'm a sore loser (she says she is ashamed of me if i cry)[
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
They expect me to be nice to them and expect me to do everything for them when they're so horrible to me and call me names. I admit my flaws, i am lazy and i don't try at many things but now i am trying to change that. But my parents refuse to admit their flaws and it really pisses me off, they always threaten me by saying they'll leave the house if i don't talk to them (because i know i'll say something i regret and so i walk away). Is this emotional abuse? because they are threatening me to do things and my mum always says that i shouldn't cry otherwise i'm a sore loser (she says she is ashamed of me if i cry)
It's clear that this is bothering you so I suggest you get some support.

https://www.childline.org.uk/info-ad...otional-abuse/
This is some information Childline has on emotional abuse. They also have more information on all sorts of things and various support including online chat (with a counsellor) and a free phone number you can call.
I realise you may not feel like a child, but Childline will have loads of experience with parent problems and are there for anybody under 18, including teenagers.

You can also talk to your school or doctor about any concerns you have. Both can give you advice and information on things like counselling and, if need be, help you with making reports.

You can also contact Samaritans by phone or email.

Hope that helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (166)
14.61%
I'm not sure (52)
4.58%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (335)
29.49%
I have already dropped out (34)
2.99%
I'm not a current university student (549)
48.33%

Watched Threads