Are my GCSEs good enough for Oxbridge??! URGENT! i got ONE A!

Watch
lyanu
Badges: 10
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
so I got 27 A*s but I got 1A? and now I'm worried my oxbridge dreams have been shattered??? and I know A levels hardly matter with oxford, so should I just give up on my dreams now, and become a mongolian chicken farmer? really in need of urgent advice, thank you!!!
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lyanu)
so I got 27 A*s but I got 1A? and now I'm worried my oxbridge dreams have been shattered??? and I know A levels hardly matter with oxford, so should I just give up on my dreams now, and become a mongolian chicken farmer? really in need of urgent advice, thank you!!!
You got an A... :shock: What, like not an A*....? Sorry, where do they exist on the Results Slip?
TheBroz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
best universities like oxford and cambridge ask for 5 a*- a and 8 c- a* so your dreams are not shattered i guess you smashed it just think about your a levels now
PythagorasGhost
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lyanu)
I mean realistically you don't have much chance now - the entry requirements are clear. Why not try a lesser uni like Durham? It's like Cambridge, but easier to get in to
Coolk14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lyanu)
27 A* ;o . WTF
Notnek
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lyanu)
become a mongolian chicken farmer
Sorry you need at least 28 A*s to study that at Cambridge,
Franki108
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I can't believe you would even consider applying with an A?? You should definitely give up on your dreams, that's not good enough at all.
username3434964
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ummm excuse me

Do I detect a unoriginal thread here?

Yes.
PythagorasGhost
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Notnek)
Don't they provide reduced uni fees if you bring your own grain to lectures?
urlocalmcm
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry u might as well give up ur dreams and career options because u need 28 A*'s to get into a decent uni
Don't worry, i heard that u need 27 A*'s to go and work in McDonalds tho so u can still get a job!
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Notnek)
And it's only offered at Jesus.
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You're going to need this
username3434964
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lyanu)
I'll take a Big Mac and Fries. You work in McDonalds now.
CTLeafez
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Only taken 28 GCSEs? Wow slacker much! I think you need to have more variety in your options rather than focusing on a small number of subjects. Oxbridge requires GCSEs in at least 45 subjects.
Oboe_Emily
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Dude give up now, you have no chance! The average is way over 30 A*s, but idk maybe you could redeem yourself with 30A*s at A level?
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Dude you are in big trouble, Oxbridge asks for 30A*s and plus they need your blood to be blood type B!
PythagorasGhost
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by The RAR)
Dude you are in big trouble, Oxbridge asks for 30A*s and plus they need your blood to be blood type B!
Ohh! That explains why they removed one of my kidneys at interview.
ultimateradman
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't know why people find this sort of mocking funny, I mean not everyone gets 11 a*s. its an actual worry when one only gets a few.
ecila21
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lyanu)
I swear even mongolian chicken farmers need at least 30A*s to even be able to buy their first chicken?
lyanu
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by ultimateradman)
I don't know why people find this sort of mocking funny, I mean not everyone gets 11 a*s. its an actual worry when one only gets a few.
i do this because posts like that are the reason people get put off TSR. people who are ashamed about not achieving full A*s are in a bubble, probably brought on by grammar schools and/or extremely high expectations. getting "a few" A*s is already higher than the national average so seeing a billion posts about people who are convinced they'll have no future afterwards just grinds my gears. btw everyone, thank you for the replies! they're hilarious lmao
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (57)
17.27%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (93)
28.18%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (125)
37.88%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.33%

Watched Threads