Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi to you

I would like to study Business studies in UK, are there any undergraduate courses start in January? I finish high skool in November this year. So it was impossible for me to go to uni in September. (I'm in New Zealand at the moment)

I found that Coventry University,University of Wales Lampeter offer some courses in January. None of them are really familiar with me lol...
    I've looked university league tables(ranking) from the guardian and sunday times. I can see that none of them are are really good uni.. but I don't wanna wait another full year to get into uni.

If I had to choose uni between Coventry University and University of Wales Lampeter, which one should I choose?

Would you give me some advices?

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    i am not too clued up on which unis are great and which ones arent, just that there is the top 20 excellent ones and a few that should be closed down, but i havent heard bad things about coventry. i think lampeter is ok also, but apparently it is a tiny town with not much around, but i havent been there so dont take my word for it.

but to be honest, if i were you if i could get into a better uni i would wait. but as i say im not an expert on which unis are good or bad, and maybe these two have great business studies departments. and the league tables arent the be all and end all, and often very debatable. some unis which are low down on the list teach certain subjects a lot better than the highly rated and respected ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wakey_J)
    Hi to you

I would like to study Business studies in UK, are there any undergraduate courses start in January? I finish high skool in November this year. So it was impossible for me to go to uni in September. (I'm in New Zealand at the moment)

I found that Coventry University,University of Wales Lampeter offer some courses in January. None of them are really familiar with me lol...
    I've looked university league tables(ranking) from the guardian and sunday times. I can see that none of them are are really good uni.. but I don't wanna wait another full year to get into uni.

If I had to choose uni between Coventry University and University of Wales Lampeter, which I should I choose?

Would you give me some advices?

Cheers!
    If I was you I would wait until next year, and work or go travelling in the meantime. You are likely to find a better course (start investigating now, as you will have to apply sometime in advance), you might be able to save some money, and you can go travelling and see some fantastic things; have an awesome time, etc.

ReputationRep:
    cheers,

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.