Business Studies GCSE Remark with OCR

Watch this thread
LsDad
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Q: My son scored an average A* for both of the exam components but a low A in the Course Work element which resulted in an A overall for subject. We are talking a 4 point difference here. He is incredibly annoyed about this as this has always been his best subject. Personally I kind of feel that the school didn't really value him as a student but that's another story. I asked the school if OCR could remark the Course element "marketing and Enterprise" but they said it couldn't be done unless they sent ALL the students Course Work back and that could affect everyone's grades. So the only other option is to try and find 4 marks on the other papers which is not great. Any ideas what we could do? Exact figs look like this:-
Marketing Enterprise (Course Work) 50/60 a (a* 54/60)
Business and people 53/60 a (a* 54/60)
Prsctn, fancy, bus env 109/120 a* (a* 108/120)
Moppet
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Hello
I think the only way your son's grade may change is if you get both exams remarked. This can be quite costly (you can check the fees on OCR's website, it's about £70 for two papers with Edexcel) and there is no guarantee his grade may change, but I personally feel that it's worth a try, and if his grade does change, you will get your money back. The deadline is towards the 20th of September, so perhaps try talking to his subject teacher about it. Good luck
LsDad
Rep:
(Original post by Moppet)
Hello
I think the only way your son's grade may change is if you get both exams remarked. This can be quite costly (you can check the fees on OCR's website, it's about £70 for two papers with Edexcel) and there is no guarantee his grade may change, but I personally feel that it's worth a try, and if his grade does change, you will get your money back. The deadline is towards the 20th of September, so perhaps try talking to his subject teacher about it. Good luck
Thank you
I'm going to do just that. OCR is more expensive than Edexcel at £45.60 per subject so £91.20 Ouch but has to be worth a shot. You never know. I will post here when we get the outcome just in case any future students have the same deliberation. Thanks again.
LsDad
Rep:
(Original post by LsDad)
Thank you
I'm going to do just that. OCR is more expensive than Edexcel at £45.60 per subject so £91.20 Ouch but has to be worth a shot. You never know. I will post here when we get the outcome just in case any future students have the same deliberation. Thanks again.
Hi

OCR Result:-
Paper 1 came back +1 mark
Paper 2 came back +2 marks
He needed + 4 extra marks to secure A* hence one mark short so stayed A

Unlucky to miss out by one mark but was certainly worth a try, just shows you that they do make marking mistakes!

No charge due to the corrections
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (117)
38.24%
The paper was reasonable (146)
47.71%
Not feeling great about that exam... (29)
9.48%
It was TERRIBLE (14)
4.58%

Watched Threads