The Student Room Group

A Level grades to GCSE grades

Hey everyone,
I just finished GCSE and wondering if it is possible to do better in A Level. For example, getting a B in a subject in GCSE and getting an A in A Level in the same subject. Please could you tell me if you did better at A Level than GCSE
Reply 1
Original post by BarvKing
Hey everyone,
I just finished GCSE and wondering if it is possible to do better in A Level. For example, getting a B in a subject in GCSE and getting an A in A Level in the same subject. Please could you tell me if you did better at A Level than GCSE

It's definitely possible. My sister got an A at GCSE and then an A* at A level.
Original post by BarvKing
Hey everyone,

yup totally, but it entirely depends on how bad you wannt it and how much you work for it. I personally got a B in gcse physics but got consistent As in a level in all the papers we did, so its definitely do-able.
course its possible....
Reply 4
of course, but it doesn't come just like that, you have to put in a lot of effort.
Normally the predictions at GCSE go like this...A* at gcse means A at AS or A-Level and A at GCSE means B and B at GCSE means C etc...

I got A in Bio at GCSE but an A at AS Bio this year.
Then again...I got an A in Maths and Chem GCSE too but a C (1 mark off B) in Chem AS this year but a D in maths.

can go both ways..............
its more easier to improve if your crap at something then already/okay ...

e.g. if u got A/A* at GCSE, it's harder to maintain an A/A* at A-Level but if u get a B or below at GCSE you can get A/A* at a-level...provided you obvs put the work in. it's about consistency....

Quick Reply

Latest