The Student Room Group

GCSE Results - am I missing something?

What does the mark equivalent on the certificate stand for? Because I put my german marks into the UMS converter and it's telling me that I should've gotten an A*, when it's telling me that I got a C in unit one and two (tier H). If these units are the coursework, my teacher did tell me that I'd gotten A*s, so I'm curious as to where there went. Thank you!

(here are my results if it helps any, the other page is just two more science results - I'm pretty sure those were correct)
Attachment not found

Also if I'm just being an idiot, sorry :lol:
Reply 1
Original post by rebecca.jb
What does the mark equivalent on the certificate stand for? Because I put my german marks into the UMS converter and it's telling me that I should've gotten an A*, when it's telling me that I got a C in unit one and two (tier H). If these units are the coursework, my teacher did tell me that I'd gotten A*s, so I'm curious as to where there went. Thank you!

Modular GCSE show you the UMS mark and the indicative grade for each unit. Grades are calculated using UMS marks which you already have so DON'T use the UMS convertor.

German is out of 300
Unit 1 (Listening) out of 60
Unit 2 (Reading) out fo 60
Unit 3 (Speaking) out of 90
Unit 4 (Writing ) out of 90

Overall you have 229/300 which is a lowish B.

(For all modular GCSEs you always need 90% UMS or more for an A*, 80-89 for an A, 70-79 for a B etc.

Edit. p.s. You are only 1 off an A in RE and the marking is notoriously subjective so it might be work a re-mark. You're also very close to an A* (360) in Add Sci and Further Add Sci but there the marking is less likely to change.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
Modular GCSE show you the UMS mark and the indicative grade for each unit. Grades are calculated using UMS marks which you already have so DON'T use the UMS convertor.

German is out of 300
Unit 1 (Listening) out of 60
Unit 2 (Reading) out fo 60
Unit 3 (Speaking) out of 90
Unit 4 (Writing ) out of 90

Overall you have 229/300 which is a lowish B.

(For all modular GCSEs you always need 90% UMS or more for an A*, 80-89 for an A, 70-79 for a B etc.

Edit. p.s. You are only 1 off an A in RE and the marking is notoriously subjective so it might be work a re-mark. You're also very close to an A* (360) in Add Sci and Further Add Sci but there the marking is less likely to change.

Ah okay, thank you so much! The way they do it is quite confusing haha. And thank you for telling me about RE and the sciences, I'll definitely ask to get those remarked as I worked my socks off for them c:

Quick Reply

Latest