What are the requirements for an A* in Physic at AQA, A2?

Watch
DetectiveMe
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
The title is my question, folks.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A2 is a term that only applies to modular A levels.

It's painfully simple, but not that obvious for people brought up on UMS. For an A* in a linear A level, which includes AQA's Physics specification, you need to get a good enough mark to get an A*. The grade boundaries will vary every year and you just need to have a sufficiently high mark to qualify.
DetectiveMe
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
A2 is a term that only applies to modular A levels.

It's painfully simple, but not that obvious for people brought up on UMS. For an A* in a linear A level, which includes AQA's Physics specification, you need to get a good enough mark to get an A*. The grade boundaries will vary every year and you just need to have a sufficiently high mark to qualify.
I understand this, but what exactly are the requirements?
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Know the spec back to front.
152mmOfDerp
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hard work and motivation. I myself am in the same position looking to do A-Level Physics so the best of luck to you as well
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by DetectiveMe)
I understand this, but what exactly are the requirements?
Get around 80% on your tests if you want a good estimate; UMS not existing anymore makes it fairly hard to explain
DetectiveMe
Rep:
?
(Original post by 152mmOfDerp)
Hard work and motivation. I myself am in the same position looking to do A-Level Physics so the best of luck to you as well
Thank you for the well wishes, good luck to you too!
yusyus
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you for the well wishes, good luck to you too!
this year grade boundaries are on the aqa site, you could check, ours will be a bit higher im sure though
DetectiveMe
Rep:
?
(Original post by bruh2132)
this year grade boundaries are on the aqa site, you could check, ours will be a bit higher im sure though
On the spec, it says that there will be three papers and 2 will be out of 85 and one out of 80. Does this means that to get an A* 90% is needed on all the papers?
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
On the spec, it says that there will be three papers and 2 will be out of 85 and one out of 80. Does this means that to get an A* 90% is needed on all the papers?
No, your total score is all that matters. (In OCR Biology this year you could have got zero in one of the 3 exams and still achieve an A*) You won't need 90% - you need whatever is the A* boundary. This year for AQA Physics it was less than 70% for one of the options and not much more in the others.
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/sta...Y-JUN-2017.PDF
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads