Maths: 7
Biology: A
Chemistry: A
Physics: B
Computer Science: B
French: A
Religious Studies: A
Business Studies: A

I have already enrolled for 4 A Levels and of course still have the opportunity to drop one before starting.
I'm unsure of what career paths to take, I do wish to keep my options open - But I am sure of not wanting a career in medicine. I'm really passionate about health and the holistic side also. I can see myself doing something related in helping people with their health or either I could teach people or having a business to do with that.

I absolutely love Biology as well as English Literature (the analysis, the depth and meanings, the context etc. & also it gives me a break from sciences, which I need). AOf course Biology pairs with Chemistry so I chose it since I may want to do it in the future, although I've heard it is difficult. I chose maths but I know there is a complete new course which includes only pure, mechanics and statistics - how hard is maths? I did struggle a bit for Maths for the new GCSE, mainly due to wording of questions only.

SO the question is: Is doing the English Literature needed or should I not do it? I am not keen on doing an EPQ but is English Literature too much?
Also, I do want to do extra-curriculars or even get a part time job out of school also so how possible is everything with REALISTIC expectations?
(edited 6 years ago)
I personally had a part time job as well as doing 4 A Level's and I really really struggled to keep maintaining the top grades, I eventually snapped and ended up both quitting my job and dropping an A-Level then just taking up an EPQ instead (I did maths, further maths, computer science and chemistry but dropped chemistry for the record.)

Realistically you could do it but you'll have to be prepared to juggle a lot of work at once and ultimately not have much free time (because the free time you would have would probably be consumed by job and extra curricular.)

Well Done on your GCSE grades though they're absolutely fab! If you keep up with everything you'll do well. Personally i'd say 4 A levels and no job is manageable, or 3 A levels and a job, I could never have done both but just because I couldn't doesn't mean you couldn't
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
I'm starting year 12 this year and have chosen the same subjects as you. I'm relieved to have found someone who shares my interests in both biology and literature, but isn't keen on studying medicine. I wanted to ask you about your experience with english literature so far as I have mostly been told to stay away from it because it isn't related to the other three subjects. I'm interested in literature, but many have told me I won't be able to handle it. How did you find the course and do you think it's a good idea to take it? Was it difficult to juggle all the subjects? I'm supposed to be doing Wuthering heights and Shakespeare's Winter's tale this year. Your opinion would mean a lot to me as you're the first person I've come across with the same subjects. Thanks :smile:
Whoa, I did the exact same A Levels, and our school forced us to do an EPQ too on top of a 12 hour part time job. I came out slightly alive so I'm sure you'll do even better with those amazing grades!

Quick Reply

Latest