english lit- 5
english lang - 5
computer science - C
core science - B
R.E - C
Geography - C
Further Additional Science - C
Additional Science - B

i was wondering if i ACE A level (All a*) is it possible for me to get into a good uni i am SUPER WORRIED
Student1191
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zadaln123)
i got
maths - 4
english lit- 5
english lang - 5
computer science - C
core science - B
R.E - C
Geography - C
Additional Science - B

i was wondering if i ACE A level (All a*) is it possible for me to get into a good uni i am SUPER WORRIED
Most places look at a levels like only or99% only oxbridge care about insane GCSEs
hira981
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i got
maths - 4
english lit- 5
english lang - 5
computer science - C
core science - B
R.E - C
Geography - C
Additional Science - B

Yes you will get in some of the uni's as they only want you to get c's and above but it depends on what career you have chosen for yourself like medicine or law you might stand a chance. Also if you apply to Cambridge they really don't care about GCSE's, they only care A levels and if you get all A* at a-levels you'll get in just work harder at a-levels and put in all the effort you got.
Zadaln123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Reece.W.J)
Most places look at a levels like only or99% only oxbridge care about insane GCSEs
Could getting all A* in a levels show improvement from GCSE and the top uni's recongnize this? Also im looking to get into top 7 uni's if if SMASH a levels and i am sooo scared my gcse will bring me down
Thank you though for replying
lordofbutthurt
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i got
maths - 4
english lit- 5
english lang - 5
computer science - C
core science - B
R.E - C
Geography - C
Additional Science - B

I got similar and got into a mid ranking Russel group with AAB entry requirements (which I met), yeah its possible
Zadaln123
Rep:
?
(Original post by hira981)
Yes you will get in some of the uni's as they only want you to get c's and above but it depends on what career you have chosen for yourself like medicine or law you might stand a chance. Also if you apply to Cambridge they really don't care about GCSE's, they only care A levels and if you get all A* at a-levels you'll get in just work harder at a-levels and put in all the effort you got.
i am looking to get into Economics or a business type degree in a really good uni
Student1191
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Could getting all A* in a levels show improvement from GCSE and the top uni's recongnize this? Also im looking to get into top 7 uni's if if SMASH a levels and i am sooo scared my gcse will bring me down
Thank you though for replying
You'll be fine if you just get your a level grades and write a quality personal statement
Student1191
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i am looking to get into Economics or a business type degree in a really good uni
Sameeee
Zadaln123
Rep:
?
Sameeee
but you probably got better than me in your GCSE lool i only got c's and b's, but these average grades will influence me to work harder for a level and smash them
Student1191
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
but you probably got better than me in your GCSE lool i only got c's and b's, but these average grades will influence me to work harder for a level and smash them
I got Cs and Bs as well. I'm doing WBQ chemistry economics maths and possibly biology
skljfhakjf
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i got
maths - 4
english lit- 5
english lang - 5
computer science - C
core science - B
R.E - C
Geography - C
Additional Science - B

You can definitely still get into a good uni.
All A*s though? If you struggled to get the grades you did at GCSE how much do you think you're seriously going to struggle at A Level to get these grades? It's going to require so much work, even A/A* students at GCSE don't usually get those grades at A Level
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Are you going to be allowed to do A levels? You have few good grades which many schools require for A level study.

Maths A level is very useful fir Economics - not sure you will be able to study this with a 4.
Zadaln123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Are you going to be allowed to do A levels? You have few good grades which many schools require for A level study.

Maths A level is very useful fir Economics - not sure you will be able to study this with a 4.
I picked Economics, Business and Pyschology at A level
Zadaln123
Rep:
?
I got Cs and Bs as well. I'm doing WBQ chemistry economics maths and possibly biology
is WBQ any different then A levels?
Zadaln123
Rep:
?
(Original post by skljfhakjf)
You can definitely still get into a good uni.
All A*s though? If you struggled to get the grades you did at GCSE how much do you think you're seriously going to struggle at A Level to get these grades? It's going to require so much work, even A/A* students at GCSE don't usually get those grades at A Level
i didnt try that much and didnt use my full potential also i had a few family matters and was sick during some of the exams (my predicted grades were mostly a's and b's) but if i try really hard i can achieve great a levels (A*'s) since ive already started revising during my summer holidays lol
Student1191
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
is WBQ any different then A levels?
WBQ is Welsh EPQ
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Please don't go into A levels feeling optimistic of your capability to get all A/A*s because that is very naive. There will be times halfway through the two years where things might get difficult and the workload becomes too much to handle. Your optimism will be bring you down and eventually make you decrease your efforts

My point is don't think it will be easy because it will be hard and when it does become hard, keep trying

I wish you all the best
Zadaln123
Rep:
?
WBQ is Welsh EPQ
just asking why didnt you do A levels?
Zadaln123
Rep:
?
(Original post by 408655)
Please don't go into A levels feeling optimistic of your capability to get all A/A*s because that is very naive. There will be times halfway through the two years where things might get difficult and the workload becomes too much to handle. Your optimism will be bring you down and eventually make you decrease your efforts

My point is don't think it will be easy because it will be hard and when it does become hard, keep trying

I wish you all the best
very wise words and i will take it into account, thank you so much
imherpacifier
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got two GCSEs and am going to a Russell group! It's possible.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed