Turn on thread page Beta

Orderofthelotus goes to college (GYG) watch

ReputationRep:
    (I promise I have a personality, all that fancy formatting I usually see isn't my thing.)

~Who the :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: are you?~
    • I go by Jackie
    • I'm 16 years old
    • My favourite colour is red
    • My favourite video games include Pokemon, Undertale and Stardew Valley among others
    • My favourite shows include the How To Train Your Dragon series (as well as the movies), Avatar: The Last Airbender and Rick and Morty among others
    • Ghibli movies are my favourite movies, namely Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle
    • Nice to meet you

~What the :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: did you get at GCSE?~

(Original post by orderofthelotus)
    Maths - 7 :woo:
    English literature- 7
    English language - 8
    Textiles - A
    Sociology - A
    RE - A
    Geography - A*
    Bengali (native language, took it for the lols) - B
    Biology - A
    Chemistry - B :emo:
    Physics - B :emo:
    2 A*s, 6 As and 3 Bs. Not quite TSR standards but I'm happy with them for the most part!

~What the :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: are you taking at A-Level?~
    • Maths
    • Physics
    • Geography
    • Biology

My college is making us take four to begin with and then drop one in the second year. I don't plan on taking all four forward. :yep: I start on the 4th of September.

~What the :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: will I find here?~

I plan on updating at least every week or so, so that I can keep a nice lil record of my progress and to keep myself going. I'll also probably put my rants about college here too, whenever the going gets rough.

~What the :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: are you aiming for?~

I'm not sure which grades to aim for yet but I'm just going to try my best and all.

As of right now, I'm looking at civil engineering after college. I'm also considering other branches of the engineering discipline, such as aeronautical, aerospace and computer (interested in both hardware and software).

I'm also aiming to become more involved with things and taking more opportunities at sixth form, since I was more of a sideline person in secondary. I also feel I've regressed in terms of my social anxiety in recent months, so I'm going to keep trying to rebuild my confidence.

~What else have you got to say for yourself?~

I'm trying to self-teach what I call The Web Design Bundle™ - HTML, CSS and JavaScript, just for the lols. I hope to make quite a bit of progress with it in my free time.

In December, I was a weak grade 4 in maths and got a solid grade 7 in my final exams. I achieved it through self-discipline, a strong work ethic, resilience and determination, and I hope to strengthen these values even more this year and make them a core part of my approach to every obstacle.

Thank you for keeping up.

~Who the :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: you tagging?~

I'm going to tag people from other GYGs I'm keeping up with, and other people who I think care. If you don't care, sorry.

Sonechka AryanGh gradmed305 Vikingninja CheeseIsVeg _gcx DeepInTheMeadow num.7 Batgirl98 bobby147

Idk who else cares but hey, you could always comment if you do.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Wow, our goals here seem to align, the engineering disciplines are exactly the same! lol and you certainly have everything in check, I watch with anticipation! I've learnt the 3 languages you wish to program in so if you have any queries or anything, don't hesitate to ask! A Level compsci already got me slaving away all year round anyway.

i also took native languages for the meme lol, they're jokes.

ReputationRep:
    Yay, I'm starting college in September too and you might've just inspired me to start one like you lol
    It looks great and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasim_96)
    Good luck
    Thank you!

(Original post by AryanGh)
    Wow, our goals here seem to align, the engineering disciplines are exactly the same! lol and you certainly have everything in check, I watch with anticipation! I've learnt the 3 languages you wish to program in so if you have any queries or anything, don't hesitate to ask! A Level compsci already got me slaving away all year round anyway.

i also took native languages for the meme lol, they're jokes.
    I noticed we were interested in one or two of the same engineering disciplines; that's why I'm keeping up with yours! And that's awesome, thank you for the offer, I definitely will ask when I need to.

Yeah, native language classes are just banter but the dialects threw me off so I got a B. :unimpressed: Ah well.

(Original post by Batgirl98)
    Yay, I'm starting college in September too and you might've just inspired me to start one like you lol
    It looks great and good luck!
    Aww, tag me if you make one, I'll keep up with it. And thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

I noticed we were interested in one or two of the same engineering disciplines; that's why I'm keeping up with yours! And that's awesome, thank you for the offer, I definitely will ask when I need to.

Yeah, native language classes are just banter but the dialects threw me off so I got a B. :unimpressed: Ah well.

Aww, tag me if you make one, I'll keep up with it. And thank you!
    Also I noticed you play Stardew Valley and Undertale quite a bit, do you have Steam, they are games I rate quite highly.

ReputationRep:
    :loveduck:

ReputationRep:
    Also I noticed you play Stardew Valley and Undertale quite a bit, do you have Steam, they are games I rate quite highly.
    I do have Steam and you have great taste. I need to get my last couple hours of gaming in before I start college, huh? :moon:

(Original post by gradmed305)

ReputationRep:
    I do have Steam and you have great taste. I need to get my last couple hours of gaming in before I start college, huh? :moon:

Cool! Well if you want to add me on Steam my id link is https://steamcommunity.com/id/KingAryan, usually find me on some sort of random edgy game, and meming instead of studying, a great precedent to set.

ReputationRep:
    Cool! Well if you want to add me on Steam my id link is https://steamcommunity.com/id/KingAryan, usually find me on some sort of random edgy game, and meming instead of studying, a great precedent to set.
    "Currently in-game: Undertale" :emo: I'll add next time I log in.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (I promise I have a personality, all that fancy formatting I usually see isn't my thing.)

~Who the :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: are you?~
    • I go by Jackie
    • I'm 16 years old
    • My favourite colour is red
    • My favourite video games include Pokemon, Undertale and Stardew Valley among others
    • My favourite shows include the How To Train Your Dragon series (as well as the movies), Avatar: The Last Airbender and Rick and Morty among others
    • Ghibli movies are my favourite movies, namely Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle
    • Nice to meet you

~What the :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: did you get at GCSE?~

2 A*s, 6 As and 3 Bs. Not quite TSR standards but I'm happy with them for the most part!

~What the :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: are you taking at A-Level?~
    • Maths
    • Physics
    • Geography
    • Biology

My college is making us take four to begin with and then drop one in the second year. I don't plan on taking all four forward. :yep: I start on the 4th of September.

~What the :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: will I find here?~

I plan on updating at least every week or so I can keep a nice lil record of my progress and to keep myself going. I'll also probably put my rants about college here too, whenever the going gets rough.

I'm not sure which grades to aim for yet but I'm just going to try my best and all.

As of right now, I'm looking at civil engineering after college. I'm also considering other branches of the engineering discipline, such as aeronautical, aerospace and computer (interested in both hardware and software).

I'm also aiming to become more involved with things and taking more opportunities at sixth form, since I was more of a sideline person in secondary. I also feel I've regressed in terms of my social anxiety in recent months, so I'm going to keep trying to rebuild my confidence.

~What else have you got to say for yourself?~

I'm trying to self-teach what I call The Web Design Bundle™ - HTML, CSS and JavaScript, just for the lols. I hope to make quite a bit of progress with it in my free time.

In December, I was a weak grade 4 in maths and got a solid grade 7 in my final exams. I achieved it through self-discipline, a strong work ethic, resilience and determination, and I hope to strengthen these values even more this year and make them a core part of my approach to every obstacle.

Thank you for keeping up.

~Who the :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: you tagging?~

I'm going to tag people from other GYGs I'm keeping up with, and other people who I think care. If you don't care, sorry.

Sonechka AryanGh gradmed305 Vikingninja CheeseIsVeg

Idk who else cares but hey, you could always comment if you do.
    Well done on your GCSEs and good luck .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMR2017)
    Well done on your GCSEs and good luck .
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    So movies like Spirited away are called Ghibli movies ?I enjoyed those kind of movies but had no idea what they are called.
    I am interested in your progress as well .
    I am also trying to yeah myself HTML as a prep for programming since it seems like a useful skill .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobby147)
    So movies like Spirited away are called Ghibli movies ?I enjoyed those kind of movies but had no idea what they are called.
    I am also trying to yeah myself HTML as a prep for programming since it seems like a useful skill .
    They are produced by Studio Ghibli
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gradmed305)
    They are produced by Studio Ghibli
    I thought it was a movie genre .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobby147)
    Just like the penguin said, Ghibli is the company that makes them. :yep: Yeah, HTML is a good place to start. And thank you. :heart:

ReputationRep:
    subbing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    subbing
    Fankoo

ReputationRep:
    ayyyyy, good luck!
    It's really easy to improve in college tbf, in my experience the teachers tend to be better and although the content is harder, you're surrounded by people who actually want to be there so it's a much more pleasant environment.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with your upcoming courses, will be interesting to watch as my first GYG to read, are you also considering doing an EPQ at some point?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.