The Student Room Group

Repeating the year

For my AS results i achieved a very poor AUD (history, maths,biology). Im really considering repeating my AS year (year 13) instead of taking resits as i see no point in starting my UCAS application when i enter upper sixth when i have a U grade stuck to me and that i mucked about and didnt take my AS levels as seriously as i should've and that this was the kick in the b***s i needed. I have a meeting next week with my year head before i start the new term about how i move forward, on results day they briefly suggested i take on the resits which thinking about it seems quite ridiculous.
Any advice would greatly be appreciated, thanks
I would ask that you critically consider your options. Think about the course you'd like to do in Uni, assuming that you would like to go to Uni. With some courses you won't be able to retake. I'd say if you genuinely wanted to retake then I'd say you should, however you also have the option to retake the Maths modules. Hope you don't mind me asking but did you do really bad in all three or was it 2 out of 3? Because you could choose to reatke only 2 like I'm retaking C2 AND S1 for next year. Its a shame they stopped November and January resits.
Reply 2
Original post by Appio001
I would ask that you critically consider your options. Think about the course you'd like to do in Uni, assuming that you would like to go to Uni. With some courses you won't be able to retake. I'd say if you genuinely wanted to retake then I'd say you should, however you also have the option to retake the Maths modules. Hope you don't mind me asking but did you do really bad in all three or was it 2 out of 3? Because you could choose to reatke only 2 like I'm retaking C2 AND S1 for next year. Its a shame they stopped November and January resits.

i did bad in all modules, at my own fault of course (U in C2 and S1, E in C1). it would be a bit ridiculous to resit the maths exams including some of biology, in which my year head had considered which seems mentally impossible shown by that there is no more winter resits as you were saying.
Oo I see. Well like I said rethink this depending on whatever course you'd like to go for you may not be allowed to retake year 12 and do the course. However if it isn't a problem then you may consider retaking year 12. You should honestly watch this youtuber called "Ibz Mo". His story is really inspirational and maybe you'd be able to find out what to do next from there?
Original post by Wammyburger
i did bad in all modules, at my own fault of course (U in C2 and S1, E in C1). it would be a bit ridiculous to resit the maths exams including some of biology, in which my year head had considered which seems mentally impossible shown by that there is no more winter resits as you were saying.
Reply 4
Original post by Appio001
Oo I see. Well like I said rethink this depending on whatever course you'd like to go for you may not be allowed to retake year 12 and do the course. However if it isn't a problem then you may consider retaking year 12. You should honestly watch this youtuber called "Ibz Mo". His story is really inspirational and maybe you'd be able to find out what to do next from there?

thanks very much :smile:
Reply 5
I got a CDU (U) the first time I did AS levels. I chose to resit the year and it was the best choice I ever made.
I'm planning to resit the year starting this September so yeah, would definitely recommend it! :h:
Reply 7
Original post by Batgirl98
I'm planning to resit the year starting this September so yeah, would definitely recommend it! :h:

thanks for the reply. i'm currently repeating lower sixth, i think it is the only better option for someone in my position. :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by Pugglet
I got a CDU (U) the first time I did AS levels. I chose to resit the year and it was the best choice I ever made.

Thanks for the reply. i'm currently retaking lower sixth atm, just need to put more work in now. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest