TEABAG03
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have always wanted to do medicine, however my GCSE results were quite disappointing as I got a B in core and C in additional science but I needed BB In order to do Bio and chemistry in A levels. So I decided to go for Maths, English lit and economics. But on the other hand, the woman whom I talked to told me to do Btec medical science level 3 as I was really interested to do science (medicine). Which of the two choices will help me better in the future? pls give me some advice guys
gehe31
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't think the BTEC would help you onto a medical course, you definitely need chemistry and biology for UK universities, you may be able to apply for foundation year for medicine though with the a levels you take which adds an extra year to the course, I would say look into unis which offer it.
bulgylau
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
probably the BTEC medical science could get you into some kind of access course. Those a levels unfortunately are not relevant to study medicine. Most universities will ask for either chemistry or biology (some may even want both)
username3497538
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm not sure about the BTECH course at all, but if you perform well in those A levels, you can apply for a foundation year for medicine which will add another year on but you will get there in the end Do not slack off though! Foundation schemes / access courses are still competitive.
Appio001
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think you should take on the BTEC course because considering you're only doing one science (Maths) and that isn't related to the course you'd need to know a bit more. There are also courses such as Gateway to Medicine which is often for students aspiring to do Meddicine but havent been able to get the grades.
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There are some unis that accept BTEC Medical Science for Medicine, off the top of my head I think Plymouth, Keele, UEA and Nottingham (some with a foundation year)

Also you could do a degree after the BTEC in a medical related field like Boomed or UCL do a degree in Applied Medical Science which they accept the BTEC in Medical Science for, you could do this then try to get on to postgraduate medicine

Hope this helps
laurenbethhh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You NEED chemistry for medicine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.04%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.89%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.58%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
37.91%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.57%

Watched Threads