Samama.S
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Is A level philosophy and ethics essay based?
HeadHoncho
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes.
rarajaja0
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Samama.S)
Is A level philosophy and ethics essay based?
I'm assuming you're referring to Religious studies...

Yes, it's heavily essay based and contains an unholy amount of content to learn; of which you're only tested in a tiny amount.

If you're doing OCR then I guess I could help you since I got an A* overall (98.5 UMS in A2 and similar in AS). I could send you my notes or essays etc... but I think there's a new spec so I'm not sure how that would play out!!
laurxnxdavixs00
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes and whilst it's my favourite subject, it is also living hell :3
Samama.S
Rep:
?
(Original post by rarajaja0)

Yes, it's heavily essay based and contains an unholy amount of content to learn; of which you're only tested in a tiny amount.

If you're doing OCR then I guess I could help you since I got an A* overall (98.5 UMS in A2 and similar in AS). I could send you my notes or essays etc... but I think there's a new spec so I'm not sure how that would play out!!
Thank you for your reply, however my school does AQA Religious Studies, your comment still helped
Samama.S
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurxnxdavixs00)
Yes and whilst it's my favourite subject, it is also living hell :3
At least I know it's enjoyable, thank you
username3508100
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Definitely. But I think a lot of it is your own opinions, and I can write about my opinions for days xD
Samama.S
Rep:
?
(Original post by chloerebecca1)
Definitely. But I think a lot of it is your own opinions, and I can write about my opinions for days xD
Thank you that is good to know, Im just reconsidering as I have recently chosen bio and Chem as an A level too, and don't want too much work, have any advice?
Samama.S
Rep:
?
Thank you for your reply, however my school does AQA Religious Studies, your comment still helped
Sorry I was wrong I do OCR,so in future will appreciate any help and congratulations on your grade.
username3508100
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you that is good to know, Im just reconsidering as I have recently chosen bio and Chem as an A level too, and don't want too much work, have any advice?
I'm afraid not, I'm choosing mine too and weighing up the workload is hard! I think they work quite well together as chem & bio aren't essay based.
Samama.S
Rep:
?
(Original post by rarajaja0)

Sorry I was wrong I do OCR,so in future will appreciate any help and congratulations on your grade.
Samama.S
Rep:
?
(Original post by chloerebecca1)
I'm afraid not, I'm choosing mine too and weighing up the workload is hard! I think they work quite well together as chem & bio aren't essay based.
I guess a balance of essays and non essays are good so thank you
rarajaja0
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I could send you some of my essays, A2 has long essays that are quite similar to the new spec!!! What sort of topics are you struggling on/ starting soon?
Samama.S
Rep:
?
Thank you, i have just had my first RE class today so i'm not really struggling on anything at the moment. Although as i'm doing a linear course i'm sure your A2 essays will be useful so if you could send them i'm sure they'll be worthwhile in future.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (30)
28.85%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.62%
No I am happy with my choice (58)
55.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
5.77%

Watched Threads