The Student Room Group

Which unis care most about GCSEs?

Sorry if there's already a thread for this, if there is please link it below (I couldn't find one), but is there a list of the unis that place a specific focus on your GCSE results when considering an application? So far I know of Oxford and Birmingham :smile:
Original post by PJTLeahy
Sorry if there's already a thread for this, if there is please link it below (I couldn't find one), but is there a list of the unis that place a specific focus on your GCSE results when considering an application? So far I know of Oxford and Birmingham :smile:

Bit pointless making a list as each uni has different entrance criteria for different courses. Decide what course you wish to do and then read the entrance criteria. You only have to pick 5. It tends to be the top unis and especially for things like medicine, but even there it varies.

Lower unis pay attention as well because if your GCSE's are good then they can make unconditional offers.
Reply 2
There will be gcse requirements for like three subjects but its mainly a level predictions or completed as grades that they look at
Original post by PJTLeahy

What subject? What you say is true for medicine - i suspect that is the context in which you heard the names of those two unis - but its a lot less true for other subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest