The Student Room Group

English Language and Literature remark

(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Look in your results envelope to see if it tells you what to do about this.
Contact the school to find out your marks and so whether you were close to the next grade up or not - if you are close to the 3/4 boundary do not reisk a review of marking.
Talk to them about whether you should go for a review.

However, TSR is full of threads like this and, for the majority of students, their grade will be correct and they just failed to do well enough on the day. Sadly, life is like that.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Do you mind me asking what set you were in for English (just wondering with the teacher saying you were on target for a 5/6)?
Reply 3
Original post by Gorilla_Bongo123
I was disappointed to see I got a 4 in both language and literature. My teacher said I was on track to getting a 5 and 6. After seeing what all of my friends and other peers got, I was the only one who had such bad grades in both subjects. I came to three conclusions those being that; my papers were unfairly marked and not looked at properly due to the marker being tired or not bothered meaning they did not review my answers to a proper standard, my work was marked by an extremely harsh marker or I was given someone else's results.

I have come to the decision of getting my papers remarked, however I don't know how to go through with it. Any help on how to proceed with the remarks would be appreciated. I was with the exam board AQA for language and literature.

bro firm ur results
I was in set 2. The only reason I've put my question out is because there were people in set 4 who were predicted level 2 or 3 and they came out with a 6.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Gorilla_Bongo123
I was in set 2. The only reason I've put my question out is because there were people in set 4 who were predicted level 2 or 3 and they came out with a 6.

Do you think the grades will prevent you from getting accepted for your chosen college/uni courses in the future? I know it's disappointing for you but it is still a pass, it's unfortunate that this year there is added confusion/anxiety focussing on numbers. If you had sat the GCSE last year would you have felt the same gaining a C in the exams?

Quick Reply

Latest