The Student Room Group

What can I do with these A levels?

Hi everyone, I'm a bit confused about what I want to go into in life, so I thought I'd do this. I've selected: Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science and Economics. What degree courses could I go into strongly with these subjects? For say computer science or accounting and finance or aeronautical engineering/physics and astronomy, what would I need to add? Thanks.
For computer science, Finance, accouting and economics you just need Maths. I don't think you could study Maths without Further. I think for most engineering courses you need Maths and physics and Further Maths would be useful.

I took pretty much the same subjects... (Further Maths instead of physics).
Reply 2
Original post by xxFreyaWxx
For computer science, Finance, accouting and economics you just need Maths. I don't think you could study Maths without Further. I think for most engineering courses you need Maths and physics and Further Maths would be useful.

I took pretty much the same subjects... (Further Maths instead of physics).

Ah okay, so for the aforementioned courses you don't think my choices would hold me back would they? Any other courses you think my subject choices would be strong for?
Those subjects woudn't necessarily hold you back but for a few of those courses they like further maths at some unis but it's not usually a requirement. Can't think of any other obvious ones sorry!
Reply 4
Original post by xxFreyaWxx
Those subjects woudn't necessarily hold you back but for a few of those courses they like further maths at some unis but it's not usually a requirement. Can't think of any other obvious ones sorry!

Okay don't worry about it. Thank you for that!

Quick Reply

Latest