The Student Room Group

A level books

I am starting a levels next week, and I am taking AQA biology, AQA chemistry, AQA physics and Edexcel maths. Which resources or books would be recommended to reach a grade A in all subjects
Hi there monster_ej, I'm also doing Biology at A level too (but with CCEA). A friend of mine told me yesterday that when she did her A level biology her school told her to buy the revision guides that were endorsed by the exam board (CCEA and she got an A in biology, then did a Biological sciences degree). I would say that you should get the AQA books for science and then the Edexcel book for maths. What you might also like to do is to maybe get the older books from a few different exam boards e.g CIE, OCR etc and use them (I'd say ones from the last 10 years so the content isn't drastically different). Also, if the spec has changed recently do all the old papers because the topics will be similar, possibly just moved between As and A2 or even removed. But none the less, they'll be somewhat useful. Furthermore, ask your teachers when you start school in September. They'll tell you great books to get and what not to get. What I'd like to add is for when you apply to university, you should do some reading up on your course and see if they recommend you read anything like national geographic for instance so that you show good subject interest past what was taught at school or the medical journal etc if you want to study medicine. Good luck in your A levels and that you get to study what you like at Uni.

Quick Reply

Latest