The Student Room Group

Help my grades!

I got a Grade 6 in English Language and the rest of my grades were all D's, HELP CAN I GO TO A OKAY SIXTH FORM??
Reply 1
You could retake some at a college
Reply 2
Original post by J77mie
You could retake some at a college

im gonna retake maths but i dont kno why im so scared to, i feel like ill just fail again lost motivation
Reply 3
Original post by HMONEY
im gonna retake maths but i dont kno why im so scared to, i feel like ill just fail again lost motivation

Don't loose motivation! Many others are in the same boat ! Don't worry !
Reply 4
Original post by J77mie
Don't loose motivation! Many others are in the same boat ! Don't worry !

i havent slept since! every night i just feel sick ):
Reply 5
Might want to re take maths.
retake maths asap in November and some others if you can so you're able to have 5+ GCSES
Reply 7
Original post by HMONEY
i havent slept since! every night i just feel sick ):

What is your aim ? University ? College ?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by lmaooome
retake maths asap in November and some others if you can so you're able to have 5+ GCSES

i want to start revising now but will the papers be different i basically dunno what to go over
Reply 9
Original post by J77mie
What is your aim ? University ? College ?

University, everyone in my family has been (warwick, kings college)
Original post by HMONEY
i want to start revising now but will the papers be different i basically dunno what to go over

the papers will be similar to what you did, they will require the same skills and application processes. YOU NEED TO DO AS MUCH PAST PAPERS AS POSSIBLE FOR MATHS because it'll tell you what'll need to go over to achieve good marks and at least get a 4 or 5
Reply 11
Original post by HMONEY
University, everyone in my family has been (warwick, kings college)

Good aim ! You performed well in English language try apply those revision techniques to your other subjects.
Reply 12
the papers will be similar to what you did, they will require the same skills and application processes. YOU NEED TO DO AS MUCH PAST PAPERS AS POSSIBLE FOR MATHS because it'll tell you what'll need to go over to achieve good marks and at least get a 4 or 5

my school may let me do sociology and R.e for A's and on the side retake maths, do u think this is better than retaking a year??????????????
Original post by HMONEY
my school may let me do sociology and R.e for A's and on the side retake maths, do u think this is better than retaking a year??????????????

yes, because GCSES aren't even looked at ever again i believe they are overrated in contrast to A levels
Reply 14
yes, because GCSES aren't even looked at ever again i believe they are overrated in contrast to A levels

im just scared and upset havent checked my phone for three days, im in the mood where i dont even care bout my friends no more
Original post by HMONEY
im just scared and upset havent checked my phone for three days, im in the mood where i dont even care bout my friends no more

Don't worry and please don't stress use this downfall in life as a turning point to motivate you to study smarter and try talk to your friends, hopefully they can support you through this :smile:
Reply 16
Don't worry and please don't stress use this downfall in life as a turning point to motivate you to study smarter and try talk to your friends, hopefully they can support you through this :smile:

thanks sooomuch for ur help! wil message you if theres any problems feel better now
Most sixth forms/colleges will require you to have a B/C in subjects to study them at A-Level. Maybe you could find a college where you could retake some GCSEs? I suggest that you try to obtain a total of five A*-C grade GSCEs including English and Mathematics. You already have a good grade for English so probably retake mathematics and three other subjects. If you manage this you should meet the entry requirements for the majority of sixth forms/colleges as well as the basic entry requirements for a variety of jobs. You might want to think about studying BTECs or even apprenticeships if you struggle with exams.

Well done with your English Language though, that was my worst subject and I had to redo all of the coursework in order to get a C!

Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest