Pregnant with white boyfriend HELP Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm a south Asian Muslim girl who just happened to fall in love/ get into a relationship with a white guy. The thing is I'm not very religious and we started having sex recently. I took a pregnancy test today and found out I'm pregnant with him. Now ofc I'd be happy but my family is strict culturally and they don't know about him. I haven't told my boyfriend I'm pregnant yet. I just don't want to abort my baby. I don't think I could. I'm afraid it's the only option I have though. Anyone have any advice? I'm so stressed...
dlaws.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tell your boyfriend. If you are ready/want a baby.. then think about telling your parents that you have a (white) boyfriend
Abis19060
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm assuming you are Indian/Pakistani. in which case, it would be best to sit down with your parents and come clean. once the initial shock is over, have them meet the guy or talk to him on phone. in a month, everyone would have gotten used to the situation and would help you get along. Muslims don't abort so don't worry about parents.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
cherryred90s
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm a south Asian Muslim girl who just happened to fall in love/ get into a relationship with a white guy. The thing is I'm not very religious and we started having sex recently. I took a pregnancy test today and found out I'm pregnant with him. Now ofc I'd be happy but my family is strict culturally and they don't know about him. I haven't told my boyfriend I'm pregnant yet. I just don't want to abort my baby. I don't think I could. I'm afraid it's the only option I have though. Anyone have any advice? I'm so stressed...
Don't tell your parents that he's white. They'll have a lovely surprise when their grandchild is born
cherlloydfan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
how old r u?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by dlaws.)
Tell your boyfriend. If you are ready/want a baby.. then think about telling your parents that you have a (white) boyfriend
(Original post by Abis19060)
I'm assuming you are Indian/Pakistani. in which case, it would be best to sit down with your parents and come clean. once the initial shock is over, have them meet the guy or talk to him on phone. in a month, everyone would have gotten used to the situation and would help you get along. Muslims don't abort so don't worry about parents.
Pakistani yepp.
I'm ******** myself. I know they won't accept him.
(Original post by cherlloydfan)
how old r u?
denteddental
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lord, god, freaking hell is this a mess. If you're still living with your parents, you need to tell them asap and your boyfriend. A few questions for you:
1. How old are you?
2. Do you live your parents?
3. Do you have a job?
4. Are you financially stable?
5. How serious is your relationship with your bf?
Abis19060
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you shouldn't even think of doing this alone. first off you should tell your boyfriend and have him on your side. then you both should tell your parents. your parents won't kill you or harm you so don't worry. just appear really sorry and like you made a mistake but also tell them that you wish to keep the baby and you really love him. if your parents and his parents talk it would make everything thousand times simpler. you could decide what to do for future. letting the adults talk would be the best thing as they know what's best.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Nav_Mallhi)
Lord, god, freaking hell is this a mess. If you're still living with your parents, you need to tell them asap and your boyfriend. A few questions for you:
1. How old are you?
2. Do you live your parents?
3. Do you have a job?
4. Are you financially stable?
5. How serious is your relationship with your bf?
I'm 20. Yes I live with my parents. I have a part time job. I could potentially live on my own and get by with the help of my bf but I don't know. We are in a serious relationship. We've talked about telling my parents about him and getting married before but this just happened out of nowhere. I was gonna tell them but not this soon.
denary
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
tell your boyfriend after being on your side, then precisely approach your parents and tell them everthing
Abis19060
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you are on this forum because you feel desperate and would like any way out of this.
stop.
accept what happened. face your parents' anger. once everything settles in a week or month, tell them you want to marry. slowly and with time they'll grow used to what happened, and they might even be happy once the baby grows visible.
denteddental
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm 20. Yes I live with my parents. I have a part time job. I could potentially live on my own and get by with the help of my bf but I don't know. We are in a serious relationship. We've talked about telling my parents about him and getting married before but this just happened out of nowhere. I was gonna tell them but not this soon.
A part-time job isn't going to cut it. You need to tell your parents. Like someone has already said, once they've gotten past the initial shock, they'll be able to think straight and help.
Before you tell your parents, you need to tell you bf. He needs to tell his parents too.
You need to tell him ASAP, this is really serious and the longer to leave it the fewer the alternatives will be left. I think you should ring him and tell him NOW. Seriously, get off TSR, tell him and then come back and tell us. You can PM me if you like.
cosmic angel
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The posters have given mostly good advice, but being a Muslim myself I don't think your parents are going to be as happy or be able to recover as quickly as everyone is saying.

Fornication, or sex before marriage, is a major sin in Islam, and the punishment for it is being lashed 100 times, and being forbidden from marrying anyone who is chaste. Because it's such a major sin I don't think your parents will accept it that readily. But it really depends on how religious your family is.

Culture is a different thing, and depending on your cultural norms and how traditional your family is, it could take them even longer to accept the situation (if at all). In some cultures honour-based violence and disowning a child are the norm. These practices are non-religious so once again it also depends on how cultural your family is.

You should probably tell your boyfriend soon, as he might be able to help you if it goes wrong with your family.
QuantumPhys
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Congratulations! Fantastic news a new human will be born to this world ♥
Abis19060
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Muslims parents will be very angry, yes, but if you are truly sorry and start praying and repenting and become (or appear to become ) very very religious a few days before telling your parents, they will take it easier. they will know that you are sorry and would not be as angry. seeing you so sad and praying all the time and repenting would make them realize what you are going through and make it easier to accept. trust me, they WILL accept it and move on sooner or later. if you aren't that religious, then just pretend to get very very religious and convince them that you are truly sorry for your sin.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
It's better to tell the truth. The truth will hurt but set you free. If you are emotional now, you are weak and you will not be fit to withstand the pressure. Tell the truth.
username2926188
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Him being white won't be a problem, it's the fact that you're pregnant. All you could really do is just let it be. Whatever you do, don't abort the baby and I don't think you would want to anyways.
Abis19060
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by QuantumPhys)
Congratulations! Fantastic news a new human will be born to this world ♥
seriously?
Havodea
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tell the truth to your parents and be strong to fight for your boyfriend and your child. Welcome to the dawn of reality.
QuantumPhys
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Abis19060)
seriously?
Yes this is a truly joyous occasion which we should celebrate and not be so worried about
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (61)
14.95%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (41)
10.05%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (78)
19.12%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (125)
30.64%

Watched Threads