Turn on thread page Beta

student travelcard... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    correct me if im wrong but i dont think students (16+ or 18+ and still in education) at the moment get any sort of discount when travelling the london undergorund. Dont they realise we dont have alot of money and when alot of number of us go off to imperial or kings or whatever and have to commute in its gonna burn a large who in our pockets...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lymphoz)
    correct me if im wrong but i dont think students (16+ or 18+ and still in education) at the moment get any sort of discount when travelling the london undergorund. Dont they realise we dont have alot of money and when alot of number of us go off to imperial or kings or whatever and have to commute in its gonna burn a large who in our pockets...
    you can get a young persons railcard for 20 quid a yr which takes 1/3 off if you are in full time education OR 16-25

sure its usable on the underground...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Homosexual)
    you can get a young persons railcard for 20 quid a yr which takes 1/3 off if you are in full time education OR 16-25

sure its usable on the underground...
    Or you can get it via HSBC or Natwest with a student account. These really should be given out for free though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    Or you can get it via HSBC or Natwest with a student account. These really should be given out for free though.
    but you got to be 18 to get the account... (well, the natwest one you do: not sure about HSBC)
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Mr_Homosexual)
    but you got to be 18 to get the account... (well, the natwest one you do: not sure about HSBC)
    You have to be 18 to get the HSBC one but I actually got a NatWest one last year (admittedly they weren't offering the railcard then) when I was 17. HSBC wouldn't give me one until I turned 18.
    Jenn xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lymphoz)
    I correct you: you're wrong.

Students can get 30% off season tickets (weekly, monthly, annually) on London tubes, buses, trains, DLR and trams.

You need to get a student photocard from the uni administration.

http://www.ukstudentlife.com/Travel/...dentPhotocards

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tick...-student.shtml

Young Persons Railcards do not provide any discount on London Transport tickets, except overland trains but even then I think you have to travel after 9.30 in the morning or something.

If you're living in Zone 1 and will generally walk to and from college, a pre-pay Oyster card would be the best investment but if you use the tube (or trains) every day, get a weekly or monthly Student Travelcard.

ReputationRep:
    thanks, 'my bad'. exscuse the ignorance

ReputationRep:
    16-17 cards allow you to buy child travelcards = major saving

ReputationRep:
    wait why is this on d and d?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    wait why is this on d and d?
    thats a really good point :confused:

and i have no idea why it is, and why i didnt notice it

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.