sammagnus2016
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Where are some of the most reputable universities to study either Classics or Ancient History for all ranges of entry requirements?
Amefish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sammagnus2016)
Where are some of the most reputable universities to study either Classics or Ancient History for all ranges of entry requirements?
Here's the Complete University's ranking for Classics & Ancient History. The top choices are Cambridge, St Andrews, Oxford, Durham, UCL and Exeter.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There is no such thing as The Best University for any subject. There is only the best Uni for you.

Read the course descriptions for a range of different Unis asking for a range of different grades. Go to Open Days, look around, ask questions. Think about the reality of studying there.

Whatever anyone else says will be based on their interests and needs - not yours.
Lucilou101
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It really depends whether you want to focus on the languages, or study in translation. Most courses will be flexible in some regards, but it's really worth spending time looking through the course structures as some focus more on Literature and History, while others give you the opportunity to study Philosophy and Linguistics.

Let me know what your grades are and what your interests/preferences are and I can give some more specific guidance
Elliehancox9
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I’ve got offers from:
Bristol - AAA
Exeter - AAB (or ABB if I put it as my firm...tempting?)
Edinburgh - ABB
Newcastle - AAB

Would appreciate any advice on which to choose
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (10)
13.51%
I need help researching courses (6)
8.11%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.41%
I need help with my personal statement (30)
40.54%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (19)
25.68%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.7%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.05%

Watched Threads