Oyasumi PunPun has ruined Manga for me

Watch
username1184600
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
To elaborate on that, the artwork was amazingly detailed and realistic, and the story and characters were relatable, right down to the abhorrent and nasty thoughts a lot of the characters have in their heads, so it worked nicely with the art style.it's also a good length, but not overbearingly long like trying to pick up Bleach or One Piece or whatever..

I had read a small amount of manga before this (Berserk, AoT, Welcome to the NHK, Evangelion, FMA, Monster, Parasite, to name some). the only one of those I would say I'd rate as highly is Berserk, but that's not to say any of those mentioned are bad, they're great, just not on the same level as pun pun for me (story wise, possibly as good, art wise, with Berserk as an exception, they sadly just look lazy and uninspired to me after seeing pun pun).

So has it had the same affect on anyone else? what other manga did people read after this? I have read more of inio asano's works and look forward to dead dead demons returning, but currently I'm filled with an emptiness since I finished pun pun.

(also I deliberately avoided plot specifics as I don't want to ruin it for anyone)
black1blade
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I haven't read it yet but if you like shows that deal with depression and loneliness watch (or read I guess but I prefer anime) march comes in like a lion! I can't guarantee you'll prefer it to opp but I related to it so much.
black1blade
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Also yeah eva manga really ain't that good compared to anime.
username1184600
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by black1blade)
I haven't read it yet but if you like shows that deal with depression and loneliness watch (or read I guess but I prefer anime) march comes in like a lion! I can't guarantee you'll prefer it to opp but I related to it so much.
will have to give that a look, thanks for the recommendation

Wouldn't say it was just the depression/loneliness that made pun pun for me though, I've liked the other work I've read from the author which wasn't as dark
black1blade
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Shoegazer92)
will have to give that a look, thanks for the recommendation

Wouldn't say it was just the depression/loneliness that made pun pun for me though, I've liked the other work I've read from the author which wasn't as dark
Yeah I haven't read it yet and march isn't just about depression either, most of the episodes made me laugh and made me cry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
57.17%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed