The Student Room Group

Is medicine still possible with these gcses

hi i was just wondering am i still good enough to get into medicine as that has been my passion for a very long time. here are my grades below. I was predicted ,much higher and had been doing much better and i tried so hard so im not overly thrilled with these grades.

BTEC music -Distinction Star
Sport- Merit
English Lit-8 (A*)
English Lang-8 (A*)
Maths-5 (honestly was predicted higher and i have done better in the past so I am gonna retake it coz most unis require a 6 or higher)
Biology-B (B3 let me down, was predicted A*)
Chemistry-B (again predicted much higher /know i could do better°
Physics-C :frown:
Geography-A
Ict- A*
Spanish-B

I plan to take biology, chemistry and english literature and an EPQ which will be based on medicine for a level. If i work super hard , get all A*s , have a fantastic personal statement and get some medical related work experience, do you guys think i have a shot at medicine coz its been my goal but unfortunately my gcses did not turn out the way i hoped... i don't want these results to hold me back... i would really appreciate it if you guys could leave your opinions down below! Goodnight
Original post by chinchu150
hi i was just wondering am i still good enough to get into medicine as that has been my passion for a very long time. here are my grades below. I was predicted ,much higher and had been doing much better and i tried so hard so im not overly thrilled with these grades.

BTEC music -Distinction Star
Sport- Merit
English Lit-8 (A*)
English Lang-8 (A*)
Maths-5 (honestly was predicted higher and i have done better in the past so I am gonna retake it coz most unis require a 6 or higher)
Biology-B (B3 let me down, was predicted A*)
Chemistry-B (again predicted much higher /know i could do better°
Physics-C :frown:
Geography-A
Ict- A*
Spanish-B

I plan to take biology, chemistry and english literature and an EPQ which will be based on medicine for a level. If i work super hard , get all A*s , have a fantastic personal statement and get some medical related work experience, do you guys think i have a shot at medicine coz its been my goal but unfortunately my gcses did not turn out the way i hoped... i don't want these results to hold me back... i would really appreciate it if you guys could leave your opinions down below! Goodnight

It's not a good sign that your weakest subjects by far were the sciences and maths.
Reply 2
Original post by Reality Check
It's not a good sign that your weakest subjects by far were the sciences and maths.

thats what worried me too iwas the highest in these subjects before but this year the teachers for my sciences and maths were the laziest...im not gonna give up tho
Do I have a shot at medicine anyone :frown:
I got:
English Language: 6
English spoken endorsement: Distinction
English Literature: 7
Maths: 7
Additional Science: B
Core Science: B
Textiles: A
Re: A
History: B
French: C