The Student Room Group

I think I hate my natural hair? Would it be a turn off?

Would it be a turn off for most guys?

I have natural Afro hair and from since I was aware of my appearance I had relaxed hair (chemically straightened). I decided to grow out all of my relaxed hair and cut it off because my hair was damaged.

I feel like I don't feel as attractive with my hair sometimes, I don't know if it's because it's not as long as I would want it to be ( it's just above shoulder length when curly and shoulder length when straight) or because I'm not used to dealing with my texture hair.

I don't really want to relax my hair again but I feel like I can never accept it.
Afro hair is hot and sexy in my opinion - like Missandei from game of thrones she is really hot.
Original post by Anonymous
Would it be a turn off for most guys?

I have natural Afro hair and from since I was aware of my appearance I had relaxed hair (chemically straightened). I decided to grow out all of my relaxed hair and cut it off because my hair was damaged.

I feel like I don't feel as attractive with my hair sometimes, I don't know if it's because it's not as long as I would want it to be ( it's just above shoulder length when curly and shoulder length when straight) or because I'm not used to dealing with my texture hair.

I don't really want to relax my hair again but I feel like I can never accept it.

Could you not use hair straighteners, I actually don't mind afro hair but it's up to you if you don't like it there are other thing to do.
Just remember that whatever you look like, you're somebody's type. I have red hair and people are as divided about it as Marmite, some people love it and other people hate it. Personally I think an afro is cute :smile:
Reply 4
What ur pubes like?
Reply 5
Original post by jonathanemptage
Could you not use hair straighteners, I actually don't mind afro hair but it's up to you if you don't like it there are other thing to do.

Yeah I use them sometimes but if I use them too much I'll cause heat damage to my hair, i.e. It stays permanently straight and brittle.
Reply 6
Original post by Rigmarole
Just remember that whatever you look like, you're somebody's type. I have red hair and people are as divided about it as Marmite, some people love it and other people hate it. Personally I think an afro is cute :smile:

I think red hair's beautiful, idk I just don't feel confident and attractive

Quick Reply

Latest